Im about to get another .243 for night shooting. As i currently use a Tikka M595, i want to stay with this make as i love the 595. My preference is a T3 lite stainless with synthetic stock. Intend fitting a titanium moderator and a Photon XT 6.5 night scope. The T3 is selli g at £855...

But.....

Local dealer has a new Browning A bolt for 500 quid, and im tempted.

Any advice out tbere?

As Seeker says, nothing wrong with an A bolt mate, (just dont fire moly bullets through it eh Seeker me old mucker?) not quite the same quality as the Tikka, but not bad, and as you say saving £350 is not a bad plan, the triggers are not bad at all and I would have thought 40 quid at a riflesmith could tune it to a very sweet shooter, dont think you will be dissapointed with an A bolt mate.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I had an A bolt in .243 and was never happy with it, the triggers are dire and no amount of fettling will make it better. A spring change is the only thing that can be done but the improvement is marginal.

I got rid and replaced it with a stainless Tikka T3, the best thing i could have done. Pay the extra and buy quality you won't look back. ;)