Sons 14 so bsa ultra Se or AA410 superlite?

For myself AA510 or HW100 but I do like a light gun for hunting so woul like people's thoughts please

Have been out of hunting for a long time so it's changed quite a bit since my meteor days

Thanks

Just to throw another contender in to the ring, have you considered the BSA r10? If not it might be worth adding to your wish list. I have no experience of the venerable hw100 but I own an s410 which is pretty much the same gun as the s510 (just has an unshrouded barrel and a bolt action) and whilst its a cracking gun personally, for me, it is not quite as clinically precise as my r10 which also feels more of a professionally finished bit of kit (plus its regged). Your best bet is to at least shoulder all the guns on your short list and if possible have a go with them, if they feel right the odds are they are right :)

Looking at r10 but there r/h I'm a lefty so gave up even though they look perfect.would like to feel some guns so nearest is probably 2 1/2hrs away:(

I'm fishing out of shoreham for a month so suppose I'll call in somewhere on the long journey home

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

My boy loves my AAS200, he can land pellet on pellet with it and my missus who's not much more than 5 foot has her own in .22. Great gun for the money and proper accurate for hunting.

i can vouch for that my misses shoots my aas200 with ease. And its easily upgraded to multi shot. Tbh i dont see the point in buying an s400 when the s200 is accurate enough and really lightweight.

i have a s410 and the new ultra se,

i would go for the se as it really is a light pointable gun, always liked the ultra my father had except for the mmc system . so soon as the se was brought out i brought one, got it in .22 with beech stock, the tatical was not for me, felt cheap