Pest Technician - Vacany

If you're good at it, do it yourself and earn the cream, not sip the curdle.Courses are not essential, like Matt says, a piece of parer ain't going to earn you a living. Your brains got to do that....

No but as time goes by it may well be essential to have the RSPH2 certificate as a minimum in order to buy your rodenticides for use

That's presuming you need or even want to buy rodenticides :yes:

Even if this utopia that's been spoken of for years ever happens (it wont) those who enjoy killing pests will continue to do so :yes:

Like I say; don't ever fall into the trap of thinking that those living in penury but thrusting certificates are any better than those who don't.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys we are an established company based in North Oxfordshire who will have a vacany for a Pest Control Technician from the New Year. Anyone interested please get in touch. Experience in all aspect

i seem to attract it haha my little empire is exspanding thou ime picking up my very own quad tomorrow and my god am i excited

Wow what an opportunity , I wish I could find something similar in Norfolk , I would willingly pay for all the courses if there was a job at the end of it.someone will really fall on their feet , good

If you're good at it, do it yourself and earn the cream, not sip the curdle.Courses are not essential, like Matt says, a piece of parer ain't going to earn you a living. Your brains got to do that....

No but as time goes by it may well be essential to have the RSPH2 certificate as a minimum in order to buy your rodenticides for use

Mate, from what I’ve seen so far; the only people saying you’ll need RSPH 2 to buy rodenticide are the people selling the RSPH 2 courses.

The only official line I’ve actually heard, is that from 1st june 2016 the label will have to contain the phrase:

‘For supply to and use only by professional users holding certification demonstrating that they have been trained according to the UK second generation anticoagulant rodenticide (SGAR) stewardship programme requirements.’

Well that could mean anything, couldn’t it?

Anyway, good luck finding someone to fill the vacancy.

Edited by Mr Muddy
  • Like 1

Yes the course alone is worth over a £1000 if you go for the week and live in.

Without sounding like the 'Merchant of Doom', you can do the live in, do the course and pass the exam; but it won't make you a pest controller, or a businessman :no:

There are far too many folks being taken in by the 'lure' of a future of certain success by these course offers :yes:

If you've got an aptitude for form filling, can retain basic knowledge, and have a basic degree of common sense you can make a reasonable living working for someone else in the pest control industry. :yes:

If you've got all of the above, plus the ability to sell yourself, combined with some fairly rudimentary business acumin, then self employment is the way ahead :yes:

If you've got all of the above, and enjoy controlling pests as a hobby, then keep on doing what you are doing and don't ever think that those who do it as their job are better than you :no:

Just my opinion lads :thumbs:

Nailed it! bang on is that

• Like 1

Professional users will have to provide evidence of their competence,eg by holding theRSPH/ BPCA level 2 award to suppliers before they can purchase these products, grandfather rites will no longer apply.

i dont agree with it, especially when Joe Bloggs down the road can do what he wants, but that is the way its going to be.

Brian

Professional users will have to provide evidence of their competence,eg by holding theRSPH/ BPCA level 2 award to suppliers before they can purchase these products, grandfather rites will no longer apply.

i dont agree with it, especially when Joe Bloggs down the road can do what he wants, but that is the way its going to be.

Brian

Can I ask if/or where you've seen any info that people will actually need the RSPH level 2 Brian. - I'm genuinely interested; not just trying to catch anyone out.

I had guessed the 'Think Wildlife' one-day course was more likely to be the 'certificate' mentioned on the label; on the grounds that its more likely to be open to farmers, gardeners etc.

I don't agree with it either. I think a lot of this new legislation is designed to drive small companies out of business so that the big companies, who can deal with all the red tape, will benefit. I expect they are even lobbying in favour of it :(

There's lots of info on the NPTA website about the new stewardship scheme. It mentions the RSPH Level 2 as the standard for professional pest controllers and other schemes for those who use SGAR's as part of wider work in agriculture or farming etc. Lots and lots of pages...

Edited by StephenWalsh
  • Like 1