Boergreyhound Breeders In South Africa?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

boergreyhound NOT boerboel!   they are a mongrelly greyhound type, bit like yote hounds or roo hounds.

the users here can help, the hunting life has it all! http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/176507-lurchers-working-african-bush/

Be a heavy dog them boerbels are massive

Posted Images

SAFalconer - I just googled boergreyhounds and the first result that comes up is someone in Bloemfontein who appears to breed both boergreys and racing greys (plus he has a few salukis too) - http://greyhoundjbm.yolasite.com/boergreyhounds.php

Any good to you? Even if he's nowhere near you I'd get in touch with him if I was you as he possibly knows of other breeders. Good luck...

Was in south africa few years back was driving near drakeensburg mountains saw 6 guys walking land had lurchers and few terriers and big heavy dogs watched them beating cover from the roadside for 20 mins but nothing emerged from the sugar cane fields they were in middle of nowere great to watch them for a while I saw a lot of bigears while out with the rangers at kruger they just like the english hare it was at nightime with lamp saw all sorts of native animals its great place south africa I enjoyed it atvb

SAFalconer - I just googled boergreyhounds and the first result that comes up is someone in Bloemfontein who appears to breed both boergreys and racing greys (plus he has a few salukis too) - http://greyhoundjbm.yolasite.com/boergreyhounds.php

Any good to you? Even if he's nowhere near you I'd get in touch with him if I was you as he possibly knows of other breeders. Good luck...

I checked them out and it looks promising. I'll probably contact them soon.

Good day you guys I am A South African living in Ireland I used to hunt with Boergreyhound they are a versatile breed that can be used for almost anything .there is also a huge variety of boer greyhound .You will find that they have a lot of followers that will argue that it is a bread on its own . But what they really are is a mix of dogs with the mane bread being Racing greyhound .They will ad certain trades like for endurance ad Saluki this will be a good dog vor hunting Hare called Rooi Pooitjies as well as Steenbok Spring buck & Duiker also a small antelope .These are small buck that can run at speeds of up to 70kph and run at speed for long distance ,For hunting Jackal one will ad Wolf or Deer hound this makes for a more aggressive and bigger hound to kill jackals . and so it goes on .it all depends on your hunting field. I hade large open spaces and used to hunt jackal and steenbok so I preferred a saluki mix