Having A Good Biddable Dog But....

Got a 11 month old 3/4whippet 1/4 beddy that is the most biddable dog does every command but however on lamp wants to hunt up? It's got a cracking nose on her she finds things I wouldn't see day time but night time work shel follow beam few times then switch off from me and hunt up, a quick skshhhh noise brings her back I. But seems when she's had a scent she won't food the beam anymore any suggestions please? Apart from that she's a game as f**k wee dog with prey drive aplenty had few day times where she's lifted from high weeds and caught already by accident.

She's doing well from the sound of it. When you're lamping, just keep calling her back as soon as she starts to hunt on. Don't worry about scaring off a few bunnies. At this stage training your dog is more important but DO let her hunt on, just for a second or two on any that go into hedges. It's often possible to push them back out.

Give her time keep trying to get her back with treats and tit bits if this fails and you feel you have tried everything try a shock collar but do your research on those 1st there not a thing to be played with if you don't know what you are doing it could go tits up I had to use one on my beddy whippet GH it was a twat on the lamp hunting up all the time on the lamp used the collar correctly and job done turned out to be the best thing I did

• Like 1

Got a 11 month old 3/4whippet 1/4 beddy that is the most biddable dog does every command but however on lamp wants to hunt up? It's got a cracking nose on her she finds things I wouldn't see day time but night time work shel follow beam few times then switch off from me and hunt up, a quick skshhhh noise brings her back I. But seems when she's had a scent she won't food the beam anymore any suggestions please? Apart from that she's a game as f**k wee dog with prey drive aplenty had few day times where she's lifted from high weeds and caught already by accident.

If she is still doing the same at two year old,then start to worry lol Thing is daytime hunting up is good not so when lamping,I prefer lamping so have found it easier to stick with that.Good luck

take her to area with only enough game to keep her intrested ,and just pick your time got a young one the now, who started hunting a bit but after a few hard nites calmed [BANNED TEXT] down ,now she comes back after a miss , i just give her a wistle ,

thats the prob with wanting hunting up in the day then at night you dont want thhe dog to do it.its best to learn the lamping first.if its got good recall,slip the dog,if it misses,lamp off walk away using your recall sound.dog back on slip repeat.prob is and the dogs only do whats it taught some keep the lamp on the dog after a miss illuminating the field hence the dogs running on in the beam.

misses ,lamp off,recall.

Edited by Qbgrey

Cheers for replies lads I knew it would maybe be detrimental looking to have both day and lamp work, I'll just soldier on and hopefully she'll improve, I'm only out dark windy nights with no moon, that's a given and her recalls spot on, just when she seems to catch a scent she's away. just wondered how you lads fix these faults?