Remington Recall

Ok, just got my rifle back under the recall. I was without it for all but 3 months.

What are other peoples experiences? Have you had problems, a good service, a quick turn round, worse turn round than me?

Are you satisfied with the recall system?

Personally I think it is a disorganised shambles, there is no way in the world a few minutes work should take 3 months if organised properly.

Initial response from RFD, circa 6-8 months ago, was that you will have to pay for your own shipping, that may still be the attitude of some, although I understand from Remington that all costs will be covered, mine were after doing battle to make sure!

I hope the returns/recall process is better organised and more slick now, mine was not a pleasant experience, I get the impression they were simply not ready for it in the UK when it was announced, which has led to more than a few issues!

Nothing has been replaced on mine that I can see, in fact I don't actually think anything has been done to it at all.

The recall relates to a check, and then minor work if required, few, if any, triggers are getting replaced.

In my case I am confident nothing has changed! :thumbs:

My lad has had his 270 done, trigger breaks nicely, but real heavy pull. So much so, that he can't group it anything like he used to with the original trigger. He's saving for a timmey or similar.

Andy

That's what I have heard, my mate had his 223 done and say's the same,i hope he is wrong trouble is you cant sell the bloody thing without the work done on it,although I hope I don't have to.

My lad has had his 270 done, trigger breaks nicely, but real heavy pull. So much so, that he can't group it anything like he used to with the original trigger. He's saving for a timmey or similar.

Andy

That's what I have heard, my mate had his 223 done and say's the same,i hope he is wrong trouble is you cant sell the bloody thing without the work done on it,although I hope I don't have to.

I am that person and the trigger was bl**dy awfull. All of my postage costs were paid by Remington but my rifle was still in its 12mths warranty period. Oh and I waited 5 months for mine to be replaced.

I have had a Jewell trigger, which is still on backorder since April (when i first got wind of the recall). The trigger which Remington replaced not repaired was so bad....it was heavy with zero adjustment....I literally had to readjust on some shots; it was as though I was pulling at my trigger guard instead of the trigger. As stated elsewhere getting a grouping was nigh on impossible.

I could not wait any longer or put up with a crap trigger any longer....I still have my Jewell on order, but I have since purchased a Timney Calvin Elite.....WOW. I have been impressed with this trigger, crisp and light (8oz) and easy to fit. So impressed I dont think I'll be fitting the Jewell when I finally receive it....

If you want my advice....ditch the factory trigger and buy one of these triggers at £160ish alternatively if you don't want a really light trigger get the standard Timney 510 at £110ish and save a few quid. I have one of those on a Howa 1500 and I can group nicely with that trigger.

Hope this helps you decide what you want to do.

Martin

Edited by chocky14u

Andy

I am that person and the trigger was bl**dy awfull. All of my postage costs were paid by Remington but my rifle was still in its 12mths warranty period. Oh and I waited 5 months for mine to be replaced.

I have had a Jewell trigger, which is still on backorder since April (when i first got wind of the recall). The trigger which Remington replaced not repaired was so bad....it was heavy with zero adjustment....I literally had to readjust on some shots; it was as though I was pulling at my trigger guard instead of the trigger. As stated elsewhere getting a grouping was nigh on impossible.

I could not wait any longer or put up with a crap trigger any longer....I still have my Jewell on order, but I have since purchased a Timney Calvin Elite.....WOW. I have been impressed with this trigger, crisp and light (8oz) and easy to fit. So impressed I dont think I'll be fitting the Jewell when I finally receive it....

If you want my advice....ditch the factory trigger and buy one of these triggers at £160ish alternatively if you don't want a really light trigger get the standard Timney 510 at £110ish and save a few quid. I have one of those on a Howa 1500 and I can group nicely with that trigger.

Hope this helps you decide what you want to do.

Martin

5 months and a New trigger! I thought my turnround was bad.

I have checked mine today and I'm confident it is the same trigger, I have checked adjustment and there is ample in both directions, pull weight seems unchanged from when it went to Riflecraft. No issues from that point of view.

But 3 months to apparently simply check mine seems somewhat ridiculous!

• Like 1