New Kennel+Run For This Twat.

I'd agree with Beast Ray, dog with his brain and the best possible upbringing and start has a reason to start chewing, maybe its change maybe lack of stimulus when not out... Whatever it may be have a good long think and try to suss it out.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I do hope you are having a wind up when you wrote this. If not, you shouldn't even have a dog. If you can't be responsible enough to keep your kids away from the controls of shock collar ... words fai

Have you tried them metal strips you get from B&Q?   Plasterers use them on corners before plastering i think?   I did both my kennels in them when I got them. Cost peanuts...  

Id put mesh on the front of shed with metal strips on frame,or use plastering beads,

I really feel for you Ray...I'm having a similar situation with my current lump of a kelpie pup...the run looks like I've rehomed a coypu! He also tips over every water container I put in (I gave up on the big bucket when he chewed it up).

But there's always light at the end of the tunnel. I've had the same from previous dogs (kelpies and otherwise) and they all stopped in the end. A friend of mine with a rotty recommended deer antler chews. I was a bit sceptical at first but he loves them...and it's helping with his retrieving too as he loves bringing them to me so I can hold them while he chews them. He even taps me with his paw to get my attention if I've not realised he's there.

Think happy thoughts. :angel:

• Like 1

i would say the zreason for the chewing his simply a change of environment has we know thewse types dont likechange .seen em eat six foot fences that they can hop ova stress can be also be a factor it may be the block kennellto sort it out .atb ray bunnnys.

Shock collar. Stand outside the kennel, everytime you hear him chewing, zap the cnut :laugh:

Just heard mine have a yelp thought feck he doing now look round little girls got the control letting him have it pmsl she only 1. Learning young. Poor f****r probaly sleeping and got a shocking awakening :\

I do hope you are having a wind up when you wrote this. If not, you shouldn't even have a dog. If you can't be responsible enough to keep your kids away from the controls of shock collar ... words fail me. :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:

• Like 5

Buck chewing it up, moved to new place used wood shed , what was used to store wood for wood burner for my bungalow .A lot of hard work went it to it , 3 compartments , insulated it coverd with ply where dogs sleep and wooden floor so nice and warm inside, and put new floor down (slabs) trigger2 jon done for me , and very good job he did , brought my panels with me from other kennel .So with hours worked and money , it good set up I think .I take the dogs twice a day a lot of free running 3 hours a day, there worked fair amount I out to night with both of them, with trigger2 jon , and they get beef neck bones 2 days a week. Buck tried scratch at the ply to get his teeth in last night, he chewed the door frames , put new door frames in . I was so angry last night with him, I could just about walk him , with out killing the twat he came very close to getting hurt badly . ive muzzled him now took advice of my wife, and he will stay like this now. my old kennel+run was breeze+block , and compo base, maybe should have had one built , but thought be nice and warmer in the the shed, you leave and learn.

:hmm:You and me,.. are in the same boat....

My young, home bred cur ,..really is a total ball -breaker....

Got in last night,..went outside and noticed that she had chewed through the TV ariel cable :censored:

Thank feck the guy next door is a sparky !!

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 1

I really feel for you Ray...I'm having a similar situation with my current lump of a kelpie pup...the run looks like I've rehomed a coypu! He also tips over every water container I put in (I gave up on the big bucket when he chewed it up).

But there's always light at the end of the tunnel. I've had the same from previous dogs (kelpies and otherwise) and they all stopped in the end. A friend of mine with a rotty recommended deer antler chews. I was a bit sceptical at first but he loves them...and it's helping with his retrieving too as he loves bringing them to me so I can hold them while he chews them. He even taps me with his paw to get my attention if I've not realised he's there.

Think happy thoughts. :angel:

I find one of these inside a car tyre normally works

http://i01.i.aliimg.com/img/pb/834/854/327/327854834_854.jpg

Might have to trim handles off to stop dog getting hold.

• Like 1

Shock collar. Stand outside the kennel, everytime you hear him chewing, zap the cnut :laugh:

Just heard mine have a yelp thought feck he doing now look round little girls got the control letting him have it pmsl she only 1. Learning young. Poor f****r probaly sleeping and got a shocking awakening :\

Lmao ffs