What To Do With An Old Air Rifle

Hi,

I have my first air rifle still, an old smk chinese .22, obviously not worth a penny, and was replace by my weihrauch HW100 (only a slight upgrade)

But what do I do with the thing, not worth selling and as far as I know it works fine. I would consider modding it if anyone has any thoughts or experience doing so.

I'm not after more power, I'm happy with the HW100, One thought I had was to cut the butt off and try to finish it nicely into a long barrelled pistol, maybe use it for dispatching rabbits or re-enacting batman scenes

Pass any gear that you don't use anymore to a shooting club. I do as some club members might just be looking for what you don't want. :yes::yes::yes: By the way Rez you must go to bed earlier you springer guys need the rest.

Edited by shep41
  • Like 1

Which model is it ? I`ve a pal that was on the other night looking for a trigger sear or trigger unit for some old Chinese springer.

Not the under lever type, he`s keen as hell but on a very tight budget, he`s trying to put something together to go hunting

bunnies.

If you make a long barrelled pistol out of it, would it not then come under air pistol legislation? ie. below 6 ft lbs, so you would have to start fettling it to get it legal.

Good suggestions above re donating it to a club :thumbs:

I had my sons old chinese rifle from when he was in the air cadets, to practise for his marksman, and gave it to my neighbour with a load of pellets. He enjoys sitting in his back garden plinking at paper, takes him back to when he used to work in the flour mill as a lad, and they used to spend their tea and lunch breaks popping off the rats.