They say they charge 10%, but I recently sold an item for £40 and was charged £1.58, so I guess there's a'sliding scale' of fees, dependent on the selling price?

(It will be in their T&C's, but I couldn't be ar5ed to read them ! :icon_redface: )

Nearly all items have a 10% fee from Ebay, then 3.6% fee if paid by paypal. Some items, very little to be honest drop down to 6%. Selling anything of value costs you quite a bit.

Not to mention 10% of the postage cost.

TC

iv just sold a boat engine for £1300, so 10% to come off that. bit of a rip off that like

When they pic the engine up ask them to agree to cancel the transaction then go on ebay cancel the transaction you won't pay any fees.it will only work if they haven't had to pay a deposit.and they are picking it up.
  • Like 1

he payed direct into bank and a courier has picked it up today. wont be selling owt else at that price :thumbs:

Contact him and offer him half of the £130 to cancel the transaction, bet he bites your arm off, I would. Ebay dont know that he has the engine and has paid by bank transfer, in reality they don't care either. All you have to say is that the engine was not suitable and it was a mutual cancellation.

TC

Edited by tiercel
  • Like 1

iv just sold a boat engine for £1300, so 10% to come off that. bit of a rip off that like

How much would it have cost you to put the advert into specific boat magazines and reach the same number of potential buyers ?.....i dont think its a rip off at all where else could you get that number of eyes looking at an item your wanting to sell.

• Like 1

I looked at putting the landy on and they wanted £150 before they even listed it, so didn't bother

its £35 to list car no matter what.. And sure they can't charge more than £75 for anything I could be wrong tho. I've sold cars never charged more than £35?
  • Like 1

How much would it have cost you to put the advert into specific boat magazines and reach the same number of potential buyers ?.....i dont think its a rip off at all where else could you get that number of eyes looking at an item your wanting to sell.

wouldnt cost £130 to advertise i know that !!

• Like 1

When they bought out PayPal they were the the 12 largest economy in the world GDP . I doubt that's still the case.

Ebay own skype and gumtree along with many others , so bet there still up there