Hares In The Morning

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That makes sense sir, also the fact that in many areas, especially lamped, hares will and do run just as fast as in the day, use the same tactics or whatever to escape and know exactly where they are

I stick my neck on the line..   I caught double figures hares on the lamp often - more than once a week..   A lot ran double up but single as well..   The same dogs would blank or be lucky to

think if anything running for its life its going to go the best it can being being it morning noon or night lol

Posted Images

Oi you muppets that's not the point of this thread. :thumbs:

I just wondered if the dawn raiders were having more success now than back in the day when you could walk all day and if that's because the hares are better when warmed up by the sun etc

Lol fair point sir :thumbs:, been a while since someone called me a muppet on here lol

• Like 2

I stick my neck on the line..

I caught double figures hares on the lamp often - more than once a week..

A lot ran double up but single as well..

The same dogs would blank or be lucky to catch the odd one daytime one on the same ground..

A lamped hare was easy - we made sure of that & stacked the odds in our favour..

I find it hard to believe daytimes dogs would struggle on the lamp.. For numbers maybe - I ain't seen many run but the ones i have had no problem at all..

I could see lamping dogs not getting one bend in on a daytime hare..

As for being full or not full, anything I have ever gutted day night or any time has had a belly full :thumbs:

well said. I find it almost impossible to believe that a decent daytime dog would struggle on the lamp. If you can keep the hare in the beam it aint getting away from a decent daytime dog. I've got a 16 and a half inch Chihuahua Yorkie x whippet that's had more than his fair share of big rabbits on the lamp. Seen him run one daytime and not get anywhere near it Edited by crorider
  • Like 1

ill be the first to agree that a daytime hare is a lot more different to a lamped hare.

but ill stand by the fact a good daytime dog wont last on the lamp..... I've seen It with my own eyes....

but vice versa, a good lamp dog wont last in the daytime....

what have you seen with your own eyes exactly. A 'decent daytime dog' missing plenty of hares on the lamp while a dog that cant catch them dayitme is cleaning up?

ill be the first to agree that a daytime hare is a lot more different to a lamped hare.

but ill stand by the fact a good daytime dog wont last on the lamp..... I've seen It with my own eyes....

but vice versa, a good lamp dog wont last in the daytime....

Take your daytime dog and build him up like any dog on the lamp and they are more than capable..

Take one out and blast them run after run from scratch and they will fade like any dog would..

They can be fit but are not used to the different workload..

Most dogs would not struggle up here in small fields with stock wire and stone walls.

Seen 3/4 grey 1/4 saluki take 7 hares and 31 rabbits solo and caught double figures hares with two dogs..

It was purpose bred daytime dog but got lamped regular..

Edited by Giro
  • Like 1