If Only I Had A Bit More Practice

Just been for a walk with the catty, I spotted a pigeon on the ground at about 30 yards I missed its head by about an inch, which I was quite pleased with, anyway I headed off through the wood and a rabbit hopped out onto the path about 20 yards I also missed that just over the top of its head never mind I saw movement in the trees and there was two grey squirrels one of the got to far away for a shot but the other on stopped still I aimed for its head it and hit a twig just in front of it:-/ I stopped for a bit and had a few shots at a can before heading off home but I kept one 12 mm ball in my pocket just in case I seen anything else, I did a nice cock pheasant ran under the fence and hid under a bush it was only 10 yards or so I thought it's mine so I aimed and hit the branch just above it head,:angry: I will get one soon I hope.

• Like 3

I missed a pigeon on Sunday went for a head shot and didn't notice a small branch In front let the hex but fly hit the branch which give it enough ricochet to go straight over it's neck I've been splitting cans in half and shooting half at a time with it been a smaller target you have to be more precise with aiming made me a better shot just in a few shots at the smaller target good shooting tho you'll soon have something atb..

• Like 1

Thanks mate I've been hitting cans no problem I think it's just the excitement that gets the better of you sometimes, still enjoyed the walk out and if I didn't hit them first time they deserve to live another day until next time ;-)

• Like 1

Just been for a walk with the catty, I spotted a pigeon on the ground at about 30 yards I missed its head by about an inch, which I was quite pleased with, anyway I headed off through the wood and a rabbit hopped out onto the path about 20 yards I also missed that just over the top of its head never mind I saw movement in the trees and there was two grey squirrels one of the got to far away for a shot but the other on stopped still I aimed for its head it and hit a twig just in front of it:-/ I stopped for a bit and had a few shots at a can before heading off home but I kept one 12 mm ball in my pocket just in case I seen anything else, I did a nice cock pheasant ran under the fence and hid under a bush it was only 10 yards or so I thought it's mine so I aimed and hit the branch just above it head, :angry: I will get one soon I hope.

I've just bought a natural myself mate and near misses are the story of my fooking life at minute :thumbs:

• Like 1

If your shot is going low then just lower your anchor point very slightly, if it's an elevated shot, then set up shot as of you were going to shoot something in front of you, so pull to anchor point then bend at the waist keeping everything lined up as normal