Fox Bites Toddler

story here

A TODDLER needed hospital treatment after he was bitten by a fox as he slept in his bed.

The boy, 2, screamed as the wild animal sank its teeth into his heel – drawing blood – before the boy's parents heard his cries and ran upstairs.

The fox had managed to get into the house in New Addington through a damaged cat-flap in the kitchen when the incident happened at about 2am last Thursday.

The parents, who have asked not to be named, were still awake at the time and heard their child's shouts.

They found the fox sitting at the end of their child's toddler bed, which is low to the ground, before he ran off to the boy's older sister's room and hid under her bed.

The boy's grandmother Sharon Vaizey, 46, said she froze when she was told about the attack by her daughter.

Mrs Vaizey, a care worker, said: "When I heard my whole body went like jelly, I couldn't move. You think if they didn't hear the fox then it could have run off with him.

"You see it in the news and read about it in the papers all the time but you never think it's going to happen to you and when it's this close to home it's so frightening."

Her grandson was taken to Croydon University Hospital where he was checked out and given a course of antibiotics but no injections.

He has two bite marks on the end of his heel but is fine and is a "tough little boy" according to his grandmother.

Mrs Vaizey, who has four children and nine grandchildren, added: "He is the sort of boy that falls over all the time and has a laugh about it afterwards.

"But I just think it is so lucky they were still up at the time. They have put a panel on the catflap now so it shouldn't happen again but my daughter said she wanted to kill the fox.

"She said she never had a problem with them before but now she hates them. I'm in two minds with them really.

"She said this one looked really healthy and that he looked well fed so you do worry that he might have been able to take him away."

What do they expect these are predatory animals,and they are fed in back gardens like birds,they have lost all fear of us,they need controlling I wonder if this will make headline news,or if the antis will try and keep it low profile,

• Like 2

What do they expect these are predatory animals,and they are fed in back gardens like birds,they have lost all fear of us,they need controlling I wonder if this will make headline news,or if the antis will try and keep it low profile,

certainly not on the bbc, it was the kids fault anyway for sleeping when the foxes are feeding
  • Like 2

Foxes round here have got so brave through people feeding them that they don't even run and hide when you approach them with dogs. Sit their arse down in the middle of the path and just stare as my dogs lunge and bark at them, been saying for ages that it's going to lead to attacks on small kids :no:

Aye all these bleeding heart liberals who say they want humanity dead so animals can inherit the planet, just like cwis packham said. All the more reason to control they're numbers

I wholeheartedly agree, but how should it be done? Should we exterminate them like vermin or just hunt them for sport?

And then how do we go about culling the animals?

Aye all these bleeding heart liberals who say they want humanity dead so animals can inherit the planet, just like cwis packham said. All the more reason to control they're numbers

I wholeheartedly agree, but how should it be done? Should we exterminate them like vermin or just hunt them for sport?

no keen hunter wants an all out extinction, but they do need controlled, and in the wild the wolf would keep them in check, but since we only have domesticated wolves they do the job to a t. That's what the antis don't understand, they'll try n ban god now since he made wolves fox and badger killers lol

no keen hunter wants an all out extinction, but they do need controlled, and in the wild the wolf would keep them in check, but since we only have domesticated wolves they do the job to a t. That's what the antis don't understand, they'll try n ban god now since he made wolves fox and badger killers lol

My mistake I thought you meant a cull of the bleeding heart liberals lol. A bit of crossed wires me thinks.

• Like 1