First Night Lamping In The Dales !!

The eye is not the kill zone he just got lucky that it took it out and you can tell a hair from a rabbit at 100 yards or more apart from its back legs just look at its ears

and why take it out on vm who is more than a capable hunter by no means just look at his posts .

As the lad has said the shot was against the wind this could of pushed the pellet down and a little across so the shot hit it in the eye it has happened to us all at some point .

I dont no how long he has been hunting for but if not long give the lad time and he will learn we all make mistakes and still do and no mater how long you hunt you still learn and iv had posts taken off for saying things or just telling it how it was moxy will tell you that but i just put my hands up to it .

the lad has had his first lamping sesh leave him be if the truth were told how many of us has hit some thing in the wrong place but it is never said on here but it happens and if the lad is just starting off this could nock him back.

JUST REMEMBER ONE THING LADS WE WERE ALL ROOKIES AT ONE TIME

Nice shooting bud now get your self to the range and learn to shoot in the wind .

AND VM I STILL LOVES YA :air_kiss: :air_kiss: :air_kiss:

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 4

It was pissing it down i was shooting under a green lamp and there was 8 hares bunched together. Now tell me rong but last time i knew hares didn't group together like that, the shot placement was through the eyes and it dropped like a stone the wind was 16mph and i was compensating for the wind. The lungshot was aimed for and I had my lamp on low light as it was a relatively bright night.

It was a surprise it was a hare because it was grouped together with so many harea and rabbits. It was my first time shooting over the area under lamp so my range was a bit off. Yet everything was an instant kill and went to the pot so whats the issue ?

• Like 1

Feck me VM, he shot the rabbit in the head and killed it and killed the hare............both acceptable shots and killing shots so your criticism isn't worth a jot my friend. The shooting game gets enough flack without your kind of comments. Think before you post.

Bell

Its comments like this that will get this thread locked or taken off .

mac

Cheers for comments, shot drifted unfortunately as it was gusting atleast it was straight dead. Some right comments on here last time i put up an honest writeup !

ive been shooting a while and thats the first time ive made the mistake of shooting a hare instead of a rabbit, just simply the fact i had my light on vlow and it was amongst what probably where other hares and rabbits. I admit i misidentified the target not used to the green light yet should have gone for red.

Most of criticism is good and rightly so but a few push it, vm is right about shot placement.

And by a while i mean about a year properly lol

Edited by scarboroughshooter
  • Like 1

Cheers for comments, shot drifted unfortunately as it was gusting atleast it was straight dead. Some right comments on here last time i put up an honest writeup !

ive been shooting a while and thats the first time ive made the mistake of shooting a hare instead of a rabbit, just simply the fact i had my light on vlow and it was amongst what probably where other hares and rabbits. I admit i misidentified the target not used to the green light yet should have gone for red.

Most of criticism is good and rightly so but a few push it, vm is right about shot placement.

And by a while i mean about a year properly lol

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: Iv had posts pulled for saying how it happend bud just to honest if i miss i say iv missed and if its took two shots i say it took two shots .

you cant post up pics of shot placement any more looks like you cant say where you shot them to .

Vm is a good lad and will help you if he can any time but will say where you went wrong as well as he is not shy

you shot them dead mate any way ether way you got them in your bag

as iv said it happens to us all but all will not admit it

and it good to see that your holding your hands up and saying that vm was right

now that good to see and will go a long way with the lads on here

what a lot dont know is there are six kill shots that will pass though the kill zone,s on a rabbit and hair 1 just behind the eye or below the ear on both sides of the head 2 back of the head , 3 front of the head just a little above the eyes 4 heart lungs, 5 base of the head 6 bottom of the neck as these last two are a very hard shot to take as it has to be right to snap its neck and achieve a kill

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Edited by bigmac 97kt
  • Like 2

I am not having a go at you ,just pointing out the eye is not a kill zone.

We all are here to help each other out in one way or another and yes I have shot rabbits through the eye before ,some killed straight away and others not .

Don't matter how good we think we are ,we all still feck up from time to time ,apart from me of course :laugh:

• Like 1