First Night Lamping In The Dales !!

Well, i made a stupid error in judgement promising 8 rabbits to one of my local restaurants on weds with none in the fridge.

So i set off out with my green nightfire? lamp and my daystate huntsman .177

The rabbits had definitely been lamped before ! So lampshy on some of the fields it was unbelievable ... gutted.

I got my first rabbit of the night coming down off a hill ( against the wind) so it was a complete shock, shot him straight through the eyes !

I then spotted a hare about 40 yards away and took him down with a lung shot, clean kill rolled over before i had chance to chamber another pellet.

Took another 2 rabbits with head shots up near the fells then dropped down to take another hare on one of the meadow fields.

Now my 177 is sub 12ft but with the right shot placement takes down hares first time.

Whats everyone opinions on shooting hares with sub 12ft ?

Cheers

Rich

well bad, thought it was a rabbit couldn't tell range properly over this green lamp i was using. thought it was a rabbit at 30m turned out it was a hare at 40 !

mate if you can't tell the difference between a hare and a rabbit at 30,m I'm guessing with telescopic sights you should not be out on your own with a gun lucky you ain't got a rifle eh Edited by block end
  • Like 3

well bad, thought it was a rabbit couldn't tell range properly over this green lamp i was using. thought it was a rabbit at 30m turned out it was a hare at 40 !

In your original post you say spotted a hare at 40 yards and took it out with a lung shot do you mean you thought it was a rabbit at 30 but as it was a Hare at 40 yards your shot fell into the lung region by luck?

Well, i made a stupid error in judgement promising 8 rabbits to one of my local restaurants on weds with none in the fridge.

So i set off out with my green nightfire? lamp and my daystate huntsman .177

The rabbits had definitely been lamped before ! So lampshy on some of the fields it was unbelievable ... gutted.

I got my first rabbit of the night coming down off a hill ( against the wind) so it was a complete shock, shot him straight through the eyes !

I then spotted a hare about 40 yards away and took him down with a lung shot, clean kill rolled over before i had chance to chamber another pellet.

Took another 2 rabbits with head shots up near the fells then dropped down to take another hare on one of the meadow fields.

Now my 177 is sub 12ft but with the right shot placement takes down hares first time.

Whats everyone opinions on shooting hares with sub 12ft ?

Cheers

Rich

Shooting through the eye will not always be a instant kill and that's not a good shot placement !!

• Like 3

Feck me VM, he shot the rabbit in the head and killed it and killed the hare............both acceptable shots and killing shots so your criticism isn't worth a jot my friend. The shooting game gets enough flack without your kind of comments. Think before you post.

Bell