What you have to watch out for with doublers Lee is no matter what someone says they are prone to be knocked which can affect you POI, if your a bit rough with them or accidentally bump it. They will also reduce your field of view when scanning. On the plus side you will get a better image with more mag.

Charlie if your going for the Photon, I'd hang fire a couple of month as the new updated Photon XT 6.5 x 50 is on its way. 6.5 optical mag is a very handy all rounder compared to the lower mags available.

Should be plenty of first release in stock January time. http://www.thehuntinglife.com/store/night-vision/night-vision-rifle-scopes/yukon-photon-xt-6-5x50-night-vision-scope.html

Thanks Ian. Might pre-order. This looks like a good option as I can add an IR illuminator etc. Just two quick questions before hitting the button, is there anything else in this price range I should consider? is everything included, or for example will I need a scope mount etc.

Grateful for your help!

Hello Charlie

The built in IR is much improved over its predecessor. It all depends on the distance you will be shooting, to be honest.

I'll be putting two on a couple of rifles when they land, as for the price and magnification with the upgraded screen there worth every penny, these home builds with add on monitors are just not practical..

Additional mounts are needed dependant on rifle although you can use standard scope mounts.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...