Video Running Coyotes With Sight Hounds On Horse Back

You still miss the point... young female yes... spots no... caught in the desert with sight hounds yes.. You have no clue about the lion population or how we hunt them here in the desert... If Canada is your only experience with lions you have no clue what goes on in the desert or the lions in the desert.. tell me the dog men you know that run lions in the dirt in the desert..please when you know nothing keep your opinion to yourself it only makes you look stupid lol

• Like 3

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some of you might have seen this before but some years ago I ran coyotes with my Sight hounds.. I would use a fox pro remote caller and on horse back go with them. I had some guys asking me to video h

You keep referring to that lion as a cub in an effort to belittle. It was no cub. Sub adult at least but from the video it looked like a good example of a young female best I could tell by the

Small lion or not, didn't look to me when the man got there, that there was much he could do considering the circumstances. One man out horseback by himself with multiple dogs. Trapperdan, I'm ve

Posted Images

the spots on that cat are very clear ! (female cub)

Personally I would not brag about killing a cougar cub ON A PUBLIC FORUM but each to there own .

Ive been on a few cougar hunts and never witnessed, a cub being killed .due to ethical houndsman.

Ive actually caught a cougar cub, in a lynx set before by accident and gladly released it (foot hold trap).

COWBOY do not assume that people from overseas, have not been places!.

your obviously young and maybe when you get a little older you might understand

von, on 11 May 2015 - 12:06 AM, said:

You still miss the point... young female yes... spots no... caught in the desert with sight hounds yes.. You have no clue about the lion population or how we hunt them here in the desert... If Canada is your only experience with lions you have no clue what goes on in the desert or the lions in the desert.. tell me the dog men you know that run lions in the dirt in the desert..please when you know nothing keep your opinion to yourself it only makes you look stupid lol

Small lion or not, didn't look to me when the man got there, that there was much he could do considering the circumstances. One man out horseback by himself with multiple dogs. Trapperdan, I'm very curious to know how you would have saved the lion when you got there? If you could have gotten the dogs off before the lion died, would you have just left it to die? How would you have gotten the dogs off and kept them off of the lion by yourself. When you pulled the last dog off of the lion, how would you have kept the lion off of yourself. Would you have beaten the dogs to back them up only to have the lion run off and the dogs catch it again and you run to the catch and beat the dogs again for a second time for the very job they are supposed to do?

I would be proud to own a set of dogs like that. Very few dogs left with that combination of speed and grit. Awsome dogs!

• Like 4

You keep referring to that lion as a cub in an effort to belittle. It was no cub. Sub adult at least but from the video it looked like a good example of a young female best I could tell by the size and the area which it was in. Lions in the desert are not gonna average as big as the lions that call the Rockies home or the northern part of the US and Canada. You claim you can see spots as if they were indicative of a cub. Dog slober, blood, and dirt is more like it. If you claim the video is so good that you can see faint color spots on that lion, then please point out and differentiate the dog slober, blood, and dirt on the cat.

Furthermore, most every one on in the lurcher section of this forum puts up pictures of the rabbits they have caught with their dogs. Have you belittle them for there dogs killing rabbits or is it just the guy who's dogs killed a lion? There are no wolves in the southern states so the guys with stags and grey hounds run coyotes. Just because you have a picture of someone posing with a timber wolf they shot, does that make dogs that run down and kill its smaller cousin the coyote, piss poor dogs? If you want to give a fair comparison of the lion that was killed, then do so by judging it against the size of the bigger cats in that region, not the biggest specimens world wide.

What may be a trophy for me and another might not be for others for several different reasons. It could be how the animal was hunted and killed that makes the hunter proud of his kill, it could be that the animal was above average for the area it was killed in, or it might be the hunters first animal. Just because it's not a trophy in your eyes and where you live doesn't mean it isn't one to the hunter.

In addition, I'd like to add that treeing a lion with hounds and then walking up to the tree and shooting it out of the tree is a bit different than the man's dogs that run that lion down and killed it while it was fighting the dogs on the ground. No matter what size the lion was. I've never known of any dogs to out right catch and kill a lion other than the ones in that video. Them dogs are a rarity no matter what you have to say about them. You are intittled to your opinion but when you trash others and belittle them or their dogs for what is a trophy in their eyes, only makes you a look like small to outdoorsman such as me.

• Like 6

You keep referring to that lion as a cub in an effort to belittle. It was no cub. Sub adult at least but from the video it looked like a good example of a young female best I could tell by the size and the area which it was in. Lions in the desert are not gonna average as big as the lions that call the Rockies home or the northern part of the US and Canada. You claim you can see spots as if they were indicative of a cub. Dog slober, blood, and dirt is more like it. If you claim the video is so good that you can see faint color spots on that lion, then please point out and differentiate the dog slober, blood, and dirt on the cat.

Furthermore, most every one on in the lurcher section of this forum puts up pictures of the rabbits they have caught with their dogs. Have you belittle them for there dogs killing rabbits or is it just the guy who's dogs killed a lion? There are no wolves in the southern states so the guys with stags and grey hounds run coyotes. Just because you have a picture of someone posing with a timber wolf they shot, does that make dogs that run down and kill its smaller cousin the coyote, piss poor dogs? If you want to give a fair comparison of the lion that was killed, then do so by judging it against the size of the bigger cats in that region, not the biggest specimens world wide.

What may be a trophy for me and another might not be for others for several different reasons. It could be how the animal was hunted and killed that makes the hunter proud of his kill, it could be that the animal was above average for the area it was killed in, or it might be the hunters first animal. Just because it's not a trophy in your eyes and where you live doesn't mean it isn't one to the hunter.

In addition, I'd like to add that treeing a lion with hounds and then walking up to the tree and shooting it out of the tree is a bit different than the man's dogs that run that lion down and killed it while it was fighting the dogs on the ground. No matter what size the lion was. I've never known of any dogs to out right catch and kill a lion other than the ones in that video. Them dogs are a rarity no matter what you have to say about them. You are intittled to your opinion but when you trash others and belittle them or their dogs for what is a trophy in their eyes, only makes you a look like small to outdoorsman such as me.

Agree with ya mate something funny about this fella keep trying to put these dogs down I think they done a good job that a lot of dogs wouldn't even take on and they shouldn't be put down for that
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

the spots on that cat are very clear ! (female cub)

Personally I would not brag about killing a cougar cub ON A PUBLIC FORUM but each to there own .

Ive been on a few cougar hunts and never witnessed, a cub being killed .due to ethical houndsman.

Ive actually caught a cougar cub, in a lynx set before by accident and gladly released it (foot hold trap).

COWBOY do not assume that people from overseas, have not been places!.

your obviously young and maybe when you get a little older you might understand

von, on 11 May 2015 - 12:06 AM, said:

Trapperdan, sight hounds catching a cougar is a rare thing. Cowboyvon's dogs made a very good show of it and deserve acknowledgement for this.

• Like 1