Which Is The Best Fox Cage Trap?

Hi guys,

can anyone recommend a good cage trap for foxes, there are loads out there and I don't want to get something that isn't up to the job.

Have been advised to get one of the bigger ones. Some of them have a gravity shutter door that looks a bit slow so not sure about them. Would probably prefer to buy British but reliability is the most important , flat packing would be nice.

Budget is not too much of a problem as the people who have the fox problem are paying for it.

Any help much appreciated

George

Patrick pinker fox trap ! Very good caught loads of foxes with them! Got a bait hook instead of a treadal plate so just hang a pheasant head on the hook the body is hanging down! Either dig the trap in about an inch and put soil over the cage floor ! Hope this helps ?

• 4 weeks later...

There are so many fox traps out now it's hard to see what's best

I make a few diffrant types for farmers and games keeper

Fold away ones I think are not good at all

Mine are tied together with 12g wire and tacked in areas that take a bumping , I also make mine two inches under the door so they can be bedded in to the ground.

A farmer I know had one off me 6 years ago and we dug it in and made it a perm sett 6 years on its stil in same place and accounted for a lot of catches

Just make sure when it's not set pad lock door open