What Does Your User Name Say About You?

beasts are wild ferocious creatures, lions and tigers and bears, or monsters. a cow ain't no monster.

Cattle are called beasts everywhere around the world, only not where you residence, so who's making the exception ? :hmm::D:D:whistling:

Just the two cents of another "furriner "

Cheers,

"mummy, where do we get milk from?"

"beasts, darling" :blink:

:tongue2:

• Like 2

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Im not telling you.

Mine's an anagram...I'm actually a twenty four year old make up technician in Debenhams called Lena.

Posted Images

cattle are cattle, cows are cows, bulls are bulls. beasts are wild ferocious creatures, lions and tigers and bears, or monsters. a cow ain't no monster. most kids learn their first few animals age about two, dog, cat, horse cow. do you foreign-speakers teach the kids to say dog, cat, beast?:tongue2:

Now I may not be scientifically correct but personally I have always referred to large ruminants of all species as "beasts" .........I thought that was a general term ??

• Like 3

cattle are cattle, cows are cows, bulls are bulls. beasts are wild ferocious creatures, lions and tigers and bears, or monsters. a cow ain't no monster. most kids learn their first few animals age about two, dog, cat, horse cow. do you foreign-speakers teach the kids to say dog, cat, beast? :tongue2:

Now I may not be scientifically correct but personally I have always referred to large ruminants of all species as "beasts" .........I thought that was a general term ??

Are not ruminants known as beasts of burden as in oxen that would be used to draw carts and ploughs?

TC

cattle are cattle, cows are cows, bulls are bulls. beasts are wild ferocious creatures, lions and tigers and bears, or monsters. a cow ain't no monster. most kids learn their first few animals age about two, dog, cat, horse cow. do you foreign-speakers teach the kids to say dog, cat, beast? :tongue2:

Are not ruminants known as beasts of burden as in oxen that would be used to draw carts and ploughs?

TC

yeah maybe if you were living in 17th century olde englande. doubt anyone under the age of 40 would even know what an ox is anyway :D

yeah i get that, but would you say "just have a look at the black cow in the second shed" or would you say "just have a look at the black beast in the second shed". the fella i was talking about used the word beast at all times, he wouldnt even use cow/heifer/bull to distinguish them. even the calves were "beasts", and a calf certainly isnt a large ruminant! ;)

i reckon we can keep this thread going as long as the god thread...............

yeah i get that, but would you say "just have a look at the black cow in the second shed" or would you say "just have a look at the black beast in the second shed". the fella i was talking about used the word beast at all times, he wouldnt even use cow/heifer/bull to distinguish them. even the calves were "beasts", and a calf certainly isnt a large ruminant! ;)

i reckon we can keep this thread going as long as the god thread...............

I would say have a look at the beast in the second shed it's the black one. :tongue2::laugh:

TC

• Like 1

TC

yeah maybe if you were living in 17th century olde englande. doubt anyone under the age of 40 would even know what an ox is anyway :D

Would it be a steer before it became an ox ? I get to collect them all ,cows,beast,ox,steer,bulls,calf's ,heifers,bull calfs ,, its all bullocks if you ask me lol , the strangest these Lincolnshire folk , a ewe is a yow and a young yow is a Hogg , that's why my name is Yorkshire , I speak English cows a cow , ewes a ewe

Edited by yorkshire