Nice Pike On Lure

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had a few more today.... Unweighed again lol

OK then, whats does this weigh? Its was weighed on Ruby heaton scales so was accurate as.. We`ve had some corking fishermans tales on here.. Makes me wonder if anyone owns a decent set of scales, and

A 17 pounder caught in late febuary that had already spawned both fish were river pike that seem to look leaner than still water pike.

Posted Images

Pike are very deceiving, lol at a guess I'd say 16lbs but we could all be a mile out! I've caught a lot of pike and the scales can really disappoint you sometimes. Great catch all the same mate ;)

It definitely make a non believer out of you owning a reliable set of scales. Especially if you see a cheap set in the anglers bag. Once you get your eye in and handled a few fish, its usually not far off. Its not just pike that can be deceiving.

• Like 2

12lb

12.4 :laugh: Hooked in the eye socket after taking a skimmer that didnt register on the delkims on a boilie for carp. With having such a weird hook hold it felt like a train, just couldnt turn it :laugh: , Like you say Ant, gutted when the scales came out as it was my biggest pike to date at the time.

• Like 2

I've got a pic somwhere of one I caught down on the broads bout 10 year ago, and I'd love to hear all your thoughts coz I didn't have any scales with me. I'll try find it this weekend, I've a feeling I lent them to a mate to try convince his mrs it was a good Craic lol had 4 of us on a six berth broads cruiser in the middle of January just constantly on the piss lol caught some good fish tho! Till we started diving of the roof! F**k it was cold ;)

• Like 2