Leggy Russell...

Gaz_1989

Do you mean leggy as opposed to crooked front old lady type of Russell ?

I'd say being a bit leggy won't hurt as they have to step over stuff as well as under stuff so kind d of evens it self out plus gives it a bit more speed

Just a preference thing really,,,but I do favour small jrt...it's plain sailing for them......The ideal size dog for bushing tight brambles by a mile, but a long leg one will also get the job done no bother.......my concern would be more with the dams sire abilities......sort of avoiding hardcore digging dogs, but there are always exceptions to the norm.

the best bushing terrier i have seen and he caught regular was leggy russell type a very good dog his ears suffered ended up looking and feeling like leather but if anything was in there he would find and flush it a good marker to worth his weight in gold working railway banking or anywere with plenty of brash and he gave the lurchers some good sport also

Edited by blackmaggie
  • Like 2

I have a bullx whippet 19 20 tts and this bitch will give any bushing dog a run for its money as said don't matter how big or small if the dog wants it it will go in an pressure it prey

My bullx bitch is same 23 tts if she thinks somthings in she will take the bush with her to get at her quarry. Bull x lurchers can be very deadly at bushing. I hunt with a young lad with a bedlington x bull/whippet. We bush, lamp, shoot and both dogs do everything. But his is unbeatable in the bush. By the way lee thats the dog i mentioned about putting to your bitch. Edited by Poacherspocket