Permission Question

Hoping someone could give me any advice with one of my permissions.

For the last 15 months I've been controlling vermin on a local permission, I was originally guided around the boundaries by a keeper who has since left, after speaking with someone else next door they said the owner owns majority of surrounding land also, so thought I'd check with owner.

After months of trying to arrange a meeting I received a letter with map from land registry and he's owns the land but rents to others so I can't shoot, but I've got permission for all the woodland surrounding all the land.

Where do I stand with walking through the rented land to get to woodland? No other way to get there, the owner is that busy it will take me weeks to get hold of him.

Thanks in advance people.

If there is a public right of way, you can put it in a slip and walk there on the right of way. Nothing illegal about that. As long as it is covered and travelling to an area of shooting, its fine. The only problem is if its not public access.

My advice would be to not ask on here, but to actually contact your FEO.

• Like 1

Find out who rents the land and ask them if you can shoot there (if not very positive ask nicely

if 'for now' you can cross the land for access).

Unless they have a shoot, or shooting interests in time you'll probably get permission anyway,

especially if your careful and let them see you regularly, complying with the agreed set up.

• Like 3

Find out who rents the land and ask them if you can shoot there (if not very positive ask nicely

if 'for now' you can cross the land for access).

Unless they have a shoot, or shooting interests in time you'll probably get permission anyway,

especially if your careful and let them see you regularly, complying with the agreed set up.

Spot on mate :thumbs:

• Like 1

If you can't get shooting permission but the owner owns the rented land, you can;

Ask him for permission to cross his land with your guns,

If he agrees, then ask that either he speak to the tenants to let them know or even better you offer yourself so you're introduced,

Ultimately, the owner could give you permission to cross his land avoiding any armed trespass issues but it's always best to be courteous.