Best Man Speech

Left it a bit late really, but my advice is practice practice practice your speech,

Unless you have the ability to orate off the cuff like Winston Churchill don't wing it.

Your job is to make the groom embarrassed but not to tell everyone when he back scuttled the barmaid over the pool table, relate a few jokes from your past about his antics and compliment the bride

You'll be fine......

• Like 1

I left it till three days before the wedding.......thought I could wing it, then realised I couldn't!

Never experienced fear like it,

Just remember , don't ruin the wedding as the best mans speech is the only reason people turn up.....it's all up to you to entertain..... No pressure !!!!

Matt

• Like 2

Have a look on the net,,,type in best mans speech ,,,and read away.....

I always loved that line from 4 weddings and a funeral,,,,and I quote,,,,,"I'm glad ............. has got such a beautiful bride as all his ex girlfriends were such dogs.....(pause)......,and I'm pleased to see so many of them here today.....

• Like 1

I was only 18 when I did mine, decided to wing it.......then hours before, realised that was going to be a mistake.....

.....so took some amphetamines an hour before, they couldn't shut me up! Lol.....got loads of laughs & two people told me afterwards it was the best one they'd ever heard.....;-)

Edited by Accip74

A quick and easy thing to do is play Groom Bingo.

"Today has brought together two lovely families and friends but just how well do they really know each other....."

Get everyone in the room to stand up and then they can sit down if they haven't done any of what you read off i.e " Remain standing if you've ever been sick after a heavy night on the sauce" etc but leave the really embarrassing stuff to the end to keep the groom standing for ages whilst you ask stuff that you know he's done that are particularly bad.

It saves time writing down a load of stuff and the groom has to stand there and take it like a man.

• Like 1

Did one last weekend. Remember the pressure is all self induced. Dont let it get to you! Tell some funnies and keep it short! Dont drink to much and i would say stay away from the cheesy best man one liners.