Want A New Semi -Automatic

Im selling a beretta 303 £150 if any one is interested just bought a Urika 2 today

thats cheap ... over here your looking around double that for one

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

get a benelli for that pal

Buy a Benelli for shooting and with the change you have left buy a Hatstand and use it for knocking fence posts in or as an oar if you go out on a boat.

Well I have been shooting for over 30 years, and I can honestly say I have never sat in a hide waiting for pheasants, pigeons yes, foxes now and again, crows yes, duck/geese yes, but never pheasants,

I'll be looking at the Winchester sx3 if I was you, I would've said benelli but by those reviews I've read theyve been over shadowed by the sx3...thinking of one myself next year for pidgeon and crow and maybe for the odd duck.

Wouldn't use a semi auto on a syndicate or pheaseant drive and only rough shooting...more fun anyway ;)

Edited by celticrusader

Iv been watching and reading reviews for over a year now trying to decide on what my new semi auto will be. I looked at 5 manufactures Benelli, Mossberg, Bereta, Browning and Winchester and I finally put a deposit down on a Winchester Sx3. The Benelli SBE2 got the worst reviews with the Mossberg almost as bad. the new Bereta got loads of great reviews but some people cant get a grip of the kick of system and some have even had it taken out of there guns. The Browning Maxus and Winchester SX3 came in head to head and its not surprising when there both made in the same factory. Browning took over Winchester firearms and both are built to the same very high standard in the same factory but the Winchester SX3 is 500 euro cheaper. The Browning Maxus has a couple extra features but to me there not worth the extra 500 euro. The Browning Maxus weighs 7lbs and the Winchester SX3 weighs 7.2lbs and both guns brag of been the fastest shooting semi autos on the market and from the speed shooting reviews iv seen there just as fast as each other. Both the Browning and Winchester are also the softest recoiling semis on the market to.

I hope this helps, I cant wait for my new SX3 to arrive a year is a long time to go without a shotgun.

One thing i will add to the sx3 though is when they get a bit used it starts to show its price tag,

a chap i do a bit of rough shooting with and he comes to the clays every now and again has one (well used) and it jams often, it in general feels very cheap and short lasting,

as for being fastest shooting on the market it can only fire as fast as your finger can move, honestly how often are you in a situation where you need a second shot any quicker than the few seconds it takes you to correct yourself from recoil? If you are pulling the trigger for a second shot instantly you will miss as you are never right from the recoil of the first shot that quick.

I am from the school of thought that you get what you pay for, always buy the best you can afford at the time,

That being said each to thier own i wish you all happy shooting those of you with an sx3

Edited by Ruster
  • Like 1

Do you guys feel the sx3 is abit heavy for rough shooting?

I can't say I find mine heavy to carry around, it has a synthetic stock and forend which helps bring the weight down,

Something like my Browning O/U which is a thoroughbred game gun weighs 1lb more than the SX3 according to Browning's website.

Tbh if you don't look after it it will show signs of problems, don't forget if I remember rightly so a semi auto has gas parts so it will require a strip to remove the carbon I wouldve thought..am I right SS?.

Also semi autos do have problems with certain size cartridges so this is also something quite easy to forget.

Tbh if you don't look after it it will show signs of problems, don't forget if I remember rightly so a semi auto has gas parts so it will require a strip to remove the carbon I wouldve thought..am I right SS?.

Also semi autos do have problems with certain size cartridges so this is also something quite easy to forget.

The gas system in the Winchester is very simple, it's just two small holes halfway along the barrel which can be cleaned with some gun cleaner and then brushed out, then a large piston which sits on the tubular magazine which just slides off when the gun is broken down. Easy to clean with ordinary gun cleaner.

Semi-autos should never be heavily oiled or greased when in use, all that will do is attract residue and clog the gun. A tiny dab of grease, not oil, on the rail that the bolt moves on and that's it.