Question For You All

Hi all have a question for you while I'm going through the long process of knocking on doors looking for my own permissions I'd like to do some rabbit and general vermin hunting. My question is do any of you know of any land owners in and around London who charge to shoot on their land. My thinking at least this gets me hunting as getting permissions can be a long long long rd.

Regards john

Google Pete's airgun farm near Chelmsford. I've never been, known anyone that's been or know much about it but I came across mention of it whilst browsing the interweb a while back. I don't know if its the sort of thing your looking for but may be worth a look :)

Check out your local Air Gun Club - most Air Gun Vermin Shoots is done by Club Shooters

Land controled by Goverment Bodies will not allow Vermin control unless done by a Commercial company due to Health and Safety Issues

And Serious Public libility

Big issue around most major cities is Land Groups are buying up land / farms for future Building projects

And find that Full Bore Shooters will pay for vermin Shoots -

Also many farms are continuing as Farms etc but now owned by Building Groups

BOB/R

Google Pete's airgun farm near Chelmsford. I've never been, known anyone that's been or know much about it but I came across mention of it whilst browsing the interweb a while back. I don't know if its the sort of thing your looking for but may be worth a look :)

Petes farm is the Only place aware you can book a Day's Shooting in South East

But land is well Shot out on Vermin side

Great for a day's Target Practise -

BOB/R

keep knocking on doors fella , like the lads say try golf courses , farms , plant nursery's and big private houses etc , first thing I would do is get some sort of shooting insurance like joining BASC or some other organisation like that .

Edited by shergar
  • Like 1

Hi 78, all,

I live nr Manchester and the amount of shooting i got from "here it comes" - local churches !!!!! The pigeons cause awful damage to them with their droppings that they pay a lot of money out for repairs.

I became very much wanted by my local churches. - So there`s a good start for you mate and also factory buildings, mills etc.(and one factory boss rings another)

You will find vicars/ priests/ factory bosses very, very approachable on pigeon damage.

Start with what is very much on offer 78 (city centre shooting) and surrounding areas - all the rest will soon follow mate as people know other people for you and a farm or two will follow.

atb

You could try industrial estates / office complexes, Often large areas of grass and empty of people out of hours. Check with the managers.

Now I must say that's the type of permission I quite fancy. I've got just under 1000 acres of arable land I can shoot over but the farm yard is my favourite spot. I bet a semi urban permission would be a nice addition although I suspect you're under a bit more public scrutiny in that kind of situation :?

• Like 1

I used to Shoot pigeons off a Tower - needed a FAC Gun - Big issue would float down dead onto public Access land

Ended up I had to put out Safety Barriers - Not worth time & Effort

Expect that would be a issues around Churches as most do not have private Grounds

BOB/R

Stop being a defeatist guys !

Pick the churches surrounded with a graveyard and factories with car parks/ surrounding land etc, etc :good:

Any property owner/ manager effected with ferrel pigeons or any other vermin (rats etc ) is extremely approachable.

atb

Edited by mark williams