Moderator Messing Up My Zero????

I don't shoot shell guns bud but if its the same principle as the air rifle a mod will change zero on it as they do on the air rifle

you may have to re,zero it with the mod fitted

like i say,d i don't shoot shell guns so don't no if its the same just a thought

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Think the round is clipping mod as there is polished bit on the inside of the mod' any fixes???

Get it checked out by a gunsmith. It MIGHT be the moderator has a dodgy thread in it, but more likely the thread on your barrel isn't in a straight line with the bore. You need someone who knows what he's doing to take a look at it unfortunately.

If there is a small, polished strip on the inside of the exit hole it's definitely out of alignment. Moderators do change POI. At the moment I'm trying to find out why my Hornet keeps loosing zero and tried three diferent mods today, each had a different POI.

• 3 years later...

Get a cleaning rod up the barrel and through the mod. If the mod thread is skew then the rod won't be in the centre of the mod outlet hole. I can't use a mod on my 223 because although the whole lot aligns the weight of the mod affects the harmonics of the barrel.

Much has already been said, a moderator will tend to effect the zero on virtually any gun it is attached to.  Just the same, the zero with the mod should be consistent, so always zero with the ammo you intend to use and the mod attached.  

If the pattern is not consistent look for other faults.  Fortunately my 7022 has always surprised me just how accurate and reliable it is! :thumbs:

17231449_Magtech7022015aa.thumb.jpg.8ffdd7ab0930e75cdce129f3ad8014d8.jpg

First things first....

Does only zero shift? If so quite normal.

Does group size increase slightly with or without mod? Quite normal.

Does the group size wildly increase dramatically when the mod is fitted?

Not normal, check mod alignment.

Another way to check alignment is to stick black tape over the end of the mod and shoot a bullet through it. The hole in the tape will tell alot!

U.

On ‎18‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 12:01, walshie said:

Do you reckon he got it sorted as he asked the question 4 years ago? :hmm:

Ha ha!, missed that gem, a response would have been good from the OP!

Edited by Deker