When You Know Your To Old

Just a thought !

When the the land is to demanding to treak over , or the rifle is to heavy on your shoulder

The dogs are to eager to be let loose from the slip lead , or the ferret box is to

Cumbersome , do you carry on and enjoy the freedom that the lands gives you from all the trivia of life, and carry on because hunting is in your blood ?

Or say to your self , enough is enough ?

I think that I would carry on as long as I can shoot strate ( in my case ) and be thankful for the beauty of the country side

As I said just a thought !

Dave

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been happening to me over the last decade,...I knew IT was coming,.tried to fight the ageing process,..but was always on a loser. My problem has not been in getting old,.it has been in accepting the f

You know your getting old when you switch over to the adult channel theres a bird dressed in a little maids outfit and as she bends over to pretend to do some cleaning you think to yourself " f*ck me

Then it will be time to get a quad

I hear the old guys and car followers saying as we come off the fell after 6-7 hours following hounds, "I wish I could still get up them hills". I dread the day when I'm in the same position. They'll have to carry me off.

It comes to us all, slowly but surely. Usually starts off as I need to get a bit fitter, it wasn't as hard last year. Aches and pains that last for weeks not a few days as they used to. It starts a chain of thought that "Is it worth the pain" at first the answer is usually yes, but there comes a point, where for some it becomes physically impossible to walk up them hills as you used to. So then you either adapt or don't go.

Time and tide wait for no man, thats for sure.

TC

• Like 4

to many gates to unlock here, would spend more time off it than on it, :laugh: i just substituted the rifles and shotguns for a camera :laugh::laugh:

Oh sh*t !! :icon_eek: I thought you were taking pictures while riding the quad , that's why they were a little fuzzy .......... :whistling:

• Like 1

to many gates to unlock here, would spend more time off it than on it, :laugh: i just substituted the rifles and shotguns for a camera :laugh::laugh:

Oh sh*t !! :icon_eek: I thought you were taking pictures while riding the quad , that's why they were a little fuzzy .......... :whistling:

Either that or he's been using the previously mentioned medication :laugh:
  • Like 1

It comes to us all, slowly but surely. Usually starts off as I need to get a bit fitter, it wasn't as hard last year. Aches and pains that last for weeks not a few days as they used to. It starts a chain of thought that "Is it worth the pain" at first the answer is usually yes, but there comes a point, where for some it becomes physically impossible to walk up them hills as you used to. So then you either adapt or don't go.

Time and tide wait for no man, thats for sure.

TC

:yes:Been happening to me over the last decade,...I knew IT was coming,.tried to fight the ageing process,..but was always on a loser. My problem has not been in getting old,.it has been in accepting the fact....Tried all sorts of tricks and treats, but nothing beats chilling out,.facing facts and sensibly learning to adapt.... :thumbs:

Accordingly,..I have bred myself, an 'old mans cur'..

She runs around, like a thing possessed,.wild as a fox,...all my old pals say the same thing,.."Phil,.you have lost the fecking plot".... :laugh:

But,.so what,..facts are,...life is too short, to worry what others think of you,...

I shall go out, as I came in,...walking slow, keeping low, living the life of a Moucher. :victory:

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 9

You know your getting old when you switch over to the adult channel theres a bird dressed in a little maids outfit and as she bends over to pretend to do some cleaning you think to yourself " f*ck me we used to have a vacuum cleaner exactly the same as that".

• Like 6

Having just watched some of country file , a bloke sticking a violin in a stream claiming the water plays it I have no problems .whist the old knee may need replacing at least the head is ticking along ...I must have a few good years left .. :yes:

• Like 1