Flappers, Lofties Or Rotary??

They all work on the right day, in other words a rotary may work great one day and not another sometimes making pigeon shy away , same with a flapper, bouncer or peckers , bouncers are the most economical and will add movement and some direction for the pigeon if used correctly, spring pegs will add movement to shell decoys with some wind to help and cheaper still..

Your budget and walking distance to your chosen spot ( or chosen spot of feeding pigeon) should also be a consideration.

It is more a trial it and see thing , as for now at my age I try to travel as light as I can, but on saying that I have all of the above gadgets and make the peckers. I do not take them all if walking a long ways usually just taking floater/bouncer, decoys on spring pegs and some peckers, if the birds prove to be a little shy then its back to the car for rotary and or flapper.

But with all that said good field craft is the biggest tool needed in a decoy'ers arsenal.

Good luck

• Like 1

You can take them and leave them in the motor and try them if all else isn't,t working but as said they will work one day and you will see the pigeons shying off the next so varitey is the spice of life

• Like 1