Technology

I took the .22lr out today to see what was about and got a couple of shots at rabbits bout 100yds away. Both times I could see the round striking the ground just above the rabbit. This annoyed me so when I went home I set up a paper bisley target (5 small targets inside it) at 100 yds, got the bipod fitted and lay down behind the rifle and took 1 shot at each of the 5 small targets. On inspecting the targets each round had struck 3" high and 1/2" to the left. I took the covers off the sight and it said 1 click equalled 1/4". 12 clicks down and 2 clicks to the right and I tried another 5 rounds. 4 of the 5 rounds were bout 1/2" off dead centre and 1 flyer,(my fault). Just shows how manufacturers have made it simple for us :thumbs:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cheers Celticrusader will do. I once heard it say that to get the best out of any rifle you need to spend the same money on a scope as you did the rifle ie rifle £500 scope £500 and it has a lot of tr

Oops - My mistake.   No one likes to miss or middle things but zeroing before each session seems a bit unnecessary / impractical to me unless you've got reason to doubt the zero.

I once heard it said the world was flat.   That's bollocks these days, technology and CNC has moved on a pace since early scopes, there are some excellent inexpensive scopes about today, there is n

Posted Images

Last few times I had rifle out it was spot on at 100yds, talking rabbits regulary, I reckon the scope has got a knock in back of van recently :icon_redface:

Which is why you should ALWAYS check zero at the start of a hunting session, BEFORE lining up on any live quarry! :censored:

Edited by Coypu Hunter

What's the scope terryor? , maybe knocked and when you rest it up in the cabinet the parts are loose and they unsettle causing loss of zero.

You should be alright with a knock as long as it wasn't too heavy or more of a drop.

Edited by celticrusader

Hi Celticrusader, the scope certainly wasn,t an expensive 1, I bought the whole set up " 452 American, scope and moderator" all brand new for £450 so I reckon scope was in round £50. It is an Optic richter, 3-9x40. It is spot on now but as Coypu Hunter said, I,ll be checking zeroing before I go out from now on :thumbs:

Must take a bit of guess work on the closer rabbits if you're zeroed at 100. That's if there are any closer ones of course. As for zeroing at the start of a season, I love to know what season coypu is talking about given that coney is shootable all year round - you realised it was off and took steps to fix it... What's the problem?

Edited by Yokel Matt

Must take a bit of guess work on the closer rabbits if you're zeroed at 100. That's if there are any closer ones of course. As for zeroing at the start of a season, I love to know what season coypu is talking about given that coney is shootable all year round - you realised it was off and took steps to fix it... What's the problem?

I said "session", not "season", ya pillock. Shoulda gone to Specsavers. :yes:

The problem is likely to be a wounded wabbit running around screaming if you don't zero before a session. Or is that not a problem for you? :hmm:

Terryor I was just curious as most those setups they sell with rifles arnt to be trusted too much tbh mate, don't know too much about optic Richter tbh but if you would've said ns mountmaster then I would've been concerned...they seem to be very problematic and show up with loss of zero quite often.

Check out the optic Richter and see if others have like minded problems with it mate...might explain.

Edited by celticrusader

Cheers Celticrusader will do. I once heard it say that to get the best out of any rifle you need to spend the same money on a scope as you did the rifle ie rifle £500 scope £500 and it has a lot of truth about it :thumbs:

• Like 1

To a certain degree yeh, I wouldn't get too fancy with a rimfire tho mate, if its light retention your after in the early and departing hours of the day then fine but I'd rather wait an hour after saving for a nitesite or similar and shoot throughout the night tbh.