After having a run in with the keeper on one of the Estates over my bird taking Rabbits :doh:! I had a quick wander around the woods and picked some Penny Bun, Bay and Birch Bolete for tea :snack:. I recommend them to anyone as they're totaly deliciouse, be careful though as there a Devils Bolete that won't do you much good.

I'm pissed off completly with the keeper on this land, I have permision off the land owner but this Prick follows me all over the place, he winding me right up to the stage I will do one of his Pheasants in front of him and square the nancy poofder up, he has a job to do I know but I stay well clear of him and his f*****g pens yet there he is watching with his Bins or watching over a hedgerow :chair:......

post-251-1193073443_thumb.jpg

You need to be careful mate as some edible one's look nearly identicle to the Poisenous one's. I was lucky in the past to have a mate who was on the boil with Fungi!! he showed me the safe bets to go for like Wood Blewits and the one's in the picture plus another called Honey Fungus, apart from this I'm well out of my depth :thumbs:.....

Top eating boletes mate. Well done. I do quite a bit of mushrooming but the one that i dont trust is the chanterelle as it looks just like jack o lantern(i think) and dont know how to tell the difference. Morels are good but always full of creepy crawlies, and another good one that is easy to spot is chicken of the woods. Its the big yellow bracket fungus that grows on the side of trees.

Top eating boletes mate. Well done. I do quite a bit of mushrooming but the one that i dont trust is the chanterelle as it looks just like jack o lantern(i think) and dont know how to tell the difference. Morels are good but always full of creepy crawlies, and another good one that is easy to spot is chicken of the woods. Its the big yellow bracket fungus that grows on the side of trees.

I would love to be one of the Ray Mears type who can walk upto a Fungi and know straight away if its edible or not! I must admit though mate my Judgements pretty dodgy as I poisend myself a few years back while looking for Wood Blewits. God knows what I ate but I spent the next two weeks bed ridden and a temperature through the Roof :whistling:...

Them chanterelle's are supposed to taste good to I hear! But I would need to take someone out with me who was on the boil before I ate one, the Bolete fungi was pretty nice but a few of them in the pic was a bit gritty......

You sound exactly like me. I also would love to know them all ray mears style, but i doubt it will ever happen. Im a bit of a wuss when it comes to experimenting on different fungi, ive got to be 100% sure before i try. My liver is probably already pickled so it doesnt need poisoning as well!