How Much Meat

I'm out for 4/5 hours a day with the dog doing 8/10 miles across heather ground forestry up and down mountains.i can see the difference in weight loss in as little as 3 days.if I don't feed enough.when the wife cooks a chicken I get the fat and make the dog a brown bread sandwich with loads of chicken fat in it.

When I stop for a cuppa after say 2 hrs the dog gets the sandwich.and the difference in his energy is clear to see lol.

He's like a missile lol.

Have you never had problems with the dog hunting with food in his belly King?

Something I've always avoided myself so would be good to hear your experiences.

I'm out for 4/5 hours a day with the dog doing 8/10 miles across heather ground forestry up and down mountains.i can see the difference in weight loss in as little as 3 days.if I don't feed enough.when the wife cooks a chicken I get the fat and make the dog a brown bread sandwich with loads of chicken fat in it.

When I stop for a cuppa after say 2 hrs the dog gets the sandwich.and the difference in his energy is clear to see lol.

He's like a missile lol.

Two slices of bread won't sit in the stomach too heavy, it's not like running them on a full belly of food which is a big no-no.

If you want to avoid the bread but still want to give the mutt an energy boost midway through a day/night out you could carry a few cubes of lard or dripping to give it, a nice energy boost with no heavy food sitting in their gut :thumbs:

He's like a missile lol.

Two slices of bread won't sit in the stomach too heavy, it's not like running them on a full belly of food which is a big no-no.

If you want to avoid the bread but still want to give the mutt an energy boost midway through a day/night out you could carry a few cubes of lard or dripping to give it, a nice energy boost with no heavy food sitting in their gut :thumbs:

Only 1 bit of brown bread Gaz so nothing really weight wise or size in the gut.the difference is very noticeable though give it a try.i feel a bit of fatigue myself after about 3hrs the dog feels it aswell.

Look at the pro cyclists they are using energy them selves for hrs on end and are regularly refuelling on the go.same principle really.

After I've had a sandwich I can't really feel that in my gut.

BGD I just use the bread to carry the fat really as it's messy stuff.

Edited by king
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...