Calibre Choice - Fac Application

Currently filling in my FAC application.

I want rifles for vermin control on my permissions.

I am requesting 22lr for definite. I was going to request 17hmr also but as I would like a rifle that is capable of taking foxes, should a farmer request this, then I was advised a 17 Hornet.

What do people think, is this a good choice?

You can do that with hmr and hornet but each one has there restrictions

Hmr is limited range for foxes in comparison to hornet but hornet is to much for smaller game unless headshot, there are better people than myself to explain but it is up to you on your preference but do remember that hornets are centre fire and you may be pushed into mentoring or have a closed certificate for that.

If you apply for a 223 and a 22lr you could purchase a 223 AR platform and buy a 22lr conversion for it and have two guns in one.

Or buy a dedicated 22lr upper for your 223 AR.

And he could await the arrival of the armed response team, whilst looking a proper bellend :yes:

Agreed. In the world of hunting walking around a farm hunting with an AR looking rifle would just cause too many problems. There is no need for these types of rifles unless you're into simulated action man shooting or what ever it's called.

• Like 1