Just had a venison stew and i found it a bit strong in taste . I have got some coming this season off a mate and wondered if i could do anything with it like maybe soak it over night in salt water as i do with rabbit ?

What meat was it ... Oh and don't say deer ........

Dont know it just said venison bought it from the butcher diced in a vacuum pack . I have had venison once before roasted that was red deer very nice

• 1 year later...

We make game pies,venison,duck,rabbit,hare,woodpigeon,pheasant,duck all goes in the slow cooker from tea time to the next dinner time.done in red wine to use as your gravy mate.try mixing different meats together it might calm it down for you.atb

I enjoy a nice game stew. As said by "lurchers" try mixing meats. I love venison, rabbit and pheasant. Chuck in some kidney if you fancy. It's a favourite of mine so it goes in. Usually pigs kidney but my daughter loves rabbit kidney (novelty more than anything) so if I get half a dozen rabbits or more I will remove the kidneys and keep them in a separate bag for stews.

Whack it all in the slow

cooker with plenty of stock and a good drink of red wine.

Fry up some onion, garlic and chopped streaky bacon if you fancy. Fry it up in plenty of butter until golden brown and add to the pot.

Mmmmm my mouth is watering now. Slow cooker is coming out today.

• Like 2

I enjoy a nice game stew. As said by "lurchers" try mixing meats. I love venison, rabbit and pheasant. Chuck in some kidney if you fancy. It's a favourite of mine so it goes in. Usually pigs kidney but my daughter loves rabbit kidney (novelty more than anything) so if I get half a dozen rabbits or more I will remove the kidneys and keep them in a separate bag for stews.

Whack it all in the slow

cooker with plenty of stock and a good drink of red wine.

Fry up some onion, garlic and chopped streaky bacon if you fancy. Fry it up in plenty of butter until golden brown and add to the pot.

Mmmmm my mouth is watering now. Slow cooker is coming out today.

Yav made me hungry now after reading that lol