Freya Female Harris Hawk

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had freya out for a walk about with a mate and his new female today. Before long we spotted a hare and had a chase on that, both birds caught up to it but I let mine off a little late and my mates lac

Nice mate, my bird had one ferreting today

Kill number 1: And we're off, missed a rabbit after a determined flight. Then the ferret bolted two rats. A big and little one at the same time. The hawk took off the fist and smashed the first one a

Well up to now today is not much better, I was planning on going out this afternoon, but the bloody wind is blowing a gale, and the land I was planning on visiting is high up, and if its breezy down here its like a hurricane up there, so that is out, going to see if it drops a bit later, might get an hour in the woods, but I am not holding my breath.

Planned to go out lamping again yesterday but unfortunately a good mate of mine passed away in a quad accident so my head wasn't in the right place to be flying the bird. Wasn't planning on going today either but a mate convinced me to go so after a few drinks to our mate we set off with the bird slightly pissed lol.

First flight she hit the rabbit hard but couldn't get a good grip and lost it, second flight it beat her to the hedge, third flight she hit her mark. Rabbit in the middle of the field, let her off as it bolted for the hedge, jinked her and ran back outwhere she nailed it. 3rd kill so absolutely buzzing. Was nice for me and my mate to take our minds off things for a couple of hour. Thanks

20141020_203343_zpsru97fwqp.jpg

20141020_203348_zpssywumegj.jpg

Edited by youcanthide...BANG
  • Like 1