Freya Female Harris Hawk

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had freya out for a walk about with a mate and his new female today. Before long we spotted a hare and had a chase on that, both birds caught up to it but I let mine off a little late and my mates lac

Nice mate, my bird had one ferreting today

Kill number 1: And we're off, missed a rabbit after a determined flight. Then the ferret bolted two rats. A big and little one at the same time. The hawk took off the fist and smashed the first one a

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just read this thread , really enjoyed it ..you boys into these birds put some work in that's for sure .This falconry sport seems like it's not to be rushed , one thing upsets the bird and it's back to square one , patience & knowledge in equal amounts seems the only way forward .well done with the hawk mate hope you enjoy your sport to come ..

Thanks bud. Looking forward to next season. She should hopefully really come into her own now she's a season behind her

How long does the moult last & will it fly at the same weight next season or does that change year on year or even during the season ...just interested ..thanks

During the moult do you not fly them at all or is it just exercise , how does it work in the wild , sorry if these seem dim questions I know nothing about falconry other than you see at the country shows etc .Can see me spending time during my convalescence reading up on this .cheers .

During the moult do you not fly them at all or is it just exercise , how does it work in the wild , sorry if these seem dim questions I know nothing about falconry other than you see at the country shows etc .Can see me spending time during my convalescence reading up on this .cheers .

Some do fly during the moult but it takes forever to grow the new feathers, obviously in the wild, a bird has to hunt and cant take a break for 6 months, the moult is slow, but occurs at the time of year when other animals are breeding, so there is lots of young quarry about that is easy to catch, so a missing feather here or there is no big deal.

• Like 1