Freya Female Harris Hawk

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had freya out for a walk about with a mate and his new female today. Before long we spotted a hare and had a chase on that, both birds caught up to it but I let mine off a little late and my mates lac

Nice mate, my bird had one ferreting today

Kill number 1: And we're off, missed a rabbit after a determined flight. Then the ferret bolted two rats. A big and little one at the same time. The hawk took off the fist and smashed the first one a

Kill number 1:

And we're off, missed a rabbit after a determined flight. Then the ferret bolted two rats. A big and little one at the same time. The hawk took off the fist and smashed the first one after a decent flight through the brambles. Jumped in to stop it biting her. Gave her a little shoulder meat before trading her off. Absolutely buzzing and a new species for me with the hawks. My worries are now set aside and one things for sure, she's seriously quick

20141005_135631_zps5aqy3q5f.jpg

• Like 4

Cheers mate, good going yourself don't think I will risk hare with the size of her. If it happens it happens but I'm not going out for them specifically. Gonna try for a rabbit tommorow. If not going to go to some water that should hold a duck or similar.

Edited by youcanthide...BANG

I don't run into many hares but for the free flying hawk I guess it would be up to her if she pursues it.

The wind and rain has arrived so maybe the summer weather is over. I can't see us getting out again until Friday if the forecasters are correct. Really frustrating as in another week or so I won't be able to get out before dark anyway on a work day.

I would build up her confidence first on rabbit before going near a hare all the best

Not gonna bother with hare mate as said, in saying that though if I was going to go for hare I don't think I would start on rabbit. Personally I think conditioning them on rabbits for hare isn't the way to go because they are two totally different flights and a lot different in how they fight once caught. If I was gonna fly hare I would start with hare first so they don't seem a big step up from rabbits