A Bushing Border Terrier ??

Benny684

Hi wi11ow. Well I want a bushing dog but just not too sure what to go for. Need a terrier that will get along with my lurcher. And have limited space were I'm living at the moment I understand it's better and more efficient having a pack but for me that will be at a later date.

My former boss in pest control has always had Borders: they worked cover very well, ferreted superbly with great calmness and concentration, worked the beat out shooting, and even went to ground on occasion! Not that he wanted them as earth dogs :laugh:

• Like 2

My brother owns 2 borders and they are used solely for bushing to the gun and lurchers. They are getting on a bit now but have been decent enough little dogs and good natured things. One is defiantly more useful than the other, neither have shown any real interest in going to ground but in fairness have never been encouraged to either cheers

My brother owns 2 borders and they are used solely for bushing to the gun and lurchers. They are getting on a bit now but have been decent enough little dogs and good natured things. One is defiantly more useful than the other, neither have shown any real interest in going to ground but in fairness have never been encouraged to either cheers

I don't claim to know feck all about terriers,,,but I have a border here and she really is very good at her job,,her nose is superb,,and so far she hasn't dropped to ground,,,wich is a blessing cos it's billy city where I live,,,,of course you could argue that's it's not a proper working terrier cos of not going to ground,,,but that suits me fine

• Like 10