Need A New Spade.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bulldog Rabbitting spade with fibre glass shaft indistructable.   My mate has one which is possible 20 years old and still going strong.   He baught fibre glass one after breaking a number of wood

Wise move ive had mine a good 20years, still going strong (unlike me)

Bull dog transplanting spades are a grand little spade..... If you only digging a few feet. Once you have to use the spade upright, you struggle to remove and dirt, unless you dig a wider than needed

• 1 year later...

:yes: I've had my bulldog spade for over 40 years,...it has served me well...

Just bequeathed it to a keen rabbiting enthusiast off this website...

He is a genuine Goodfellah and deserves to own the best of tools,hopefully it will see him out :thumbs:

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 2

I was trying to remember how long I've had my fibreglass bulldog for and it must be at least 15 years. 8 quid brand new from the car boot and the guy had loads of bulldogs so I reckon there used to be a few left the back door of the factory locally.

:yes: I've had my bulldog spade for over 40 years,...it has served me well...

Just bequeathed it to a keen rabbiting enthusiast off this website...

He is a genuine Goodfellah and deserves to own the best of tools,hopefully it will see him out :thumbs:

File0274.jpg

He was proud as punch with it last week Phil ,,,,better then twisted drain spade he had....lol

• Like 1

Good little spades, mrs bought me a replacement last Christmas but bought me on with the MYD handle? Think that's right..

Anyway, get the solid T handle instead as I've had to repair this one already. Anyone know if you can get a replacement T handle?

Just a matter of time before this one goes again I reckon..

it dont all ways come down to the spade its the man behind it,,,,,there s a way of digging holes . tomo iff its vins spade me grafter at to take over yesterday,,,lol when he was making cups of tea,,,,,lol can not stand the stuff iff i go again take some drinking choc...and loads of sugar,,,lol

Edited by tjones3862
  • Like 1

it dont all ways come down to the spade its the man behind it,,,,,there s a way of digging holes . tomo iff its vins spade me grafter at to take over yesterday,,,lol when he was making cups of tea,,,,,lol can not stand the stuff iff i go again take some drinking choc...and loads of sugar,,,lol

Just a matter of digging a wide enough hole to work in and keeping the bottom flat rather than v shaped as far as I can see. I can get down to the ferret fairly fast like this. I have seen one or two people trying to dig tiny holes which just makes hard work of it so I think I know what youre saying.

Just a matter of digging a wide enough hole to work in and keeping the bottom flat rather than v shaped as far as I can see. I can get down to the ferret fairly fast like this. I have seen one or two people trying to dig tiny holes which just makes hard work of it so I think I know what youre saying.

holes shaped like road cones,,lol i have a grafter and a bull nose bull dog ,,, sand the bull nose is great ,,,the grafter with a finner nose,,, on hedge rows roots etc and stoney ground,,,, can find that breaking through point that much better,,, ONE OF THEM SPADES DOSE BOTH OK THE GRAFTER DONT LOAD UP WITH EARTH AS MUCH, BUT YOU WILL GET THERE,,,,BUT THE BULL NOSE WILL NOT DO BOTH .....YOU CAN NOT BEET ONE OF EACH YOUR MATE AS ONE YOU HAVE THE OTHER,,,,,,

Edited by tjones3862
  • Like 1

I did plenty of digging yesterday... But I am not afraid to admit,When Jim got stuck in he made very short work of breaking through the last couple of inches.. :tongue2: I had already cut through the roots and rocks down to the soft sandy stuff. :whistling:

I will also freely admit I would never enter into a digging competition with Jim . . .The fella is like a JCB running on rocket fuel.

I'm way too slow and weak like an old man. :cray: