Nights Lamping Cut Short

Was out tonight just got back in with two dogs as my male saluki cross got a weird puncture on his neck when he came back to me of a slip covered in blood.rabbit ran for cover as he was up its arse and smashed in true some bushes caught rabbit and retrieved it to hand but as I took rabbit noticed dogs neck and chest was covered in blood just washed it with dettol and put some savlon spray on it any advice welcome post-68270-0-67883200-1411773601.jpg

Clean thoroughly with hibiscrub or similar if you have cephalaxin split a capsule and dust inside, clean the edges of the wound of powder and glue together leaving part unglued for drainage. Keep it clean and dusted with antibiotict ;) any changes or it starts to smell different get to the vets immediately ;)

• Like 1

Bleeding is actually a good thing in a straight puncture wound like that, it means that the hole is clear and hopefully the twig or branch never broke off in there, Mushrooms advice is good but make sure the wound has no bits of twig, debris, etc, as it will not heal up whilst foriegn bodies are inside and will go bad if left in, most injuries of this type heal very quickly and you will be out lamping in no time, if you have no antibiotic powder and you have access to a farm supplies or farmer ask him for a syringe of "dry cow" its excellent in small wounds and will clean it out as well, best bit is its only 2 pound a tube, good luck and happy hunting again soon, WM

• Like 2

For punctures Ive always got a barrel of a syringe.You can buy them in the chemist.Get the bigger 10ml barrel. Boil up some water and add a little bit of salt. When it luke warm draw it into the barrel.Put the nozzel part at the entrance or into the entrance of the puncture and squert the luke warm salty water into the puncture.Do this a few times a day. This will clean it out lovely.Dont be afraid to squert it as hard as you feel. Mix it up and squert it in gently aswell. Watch you eyes as it goes every where. I only put about a half a teaspoon of salt in a cup of boiling water.Too much salt and you will leave salt crystals in the wound.

• Like 2

for puncture wounds or cuts, I Use Hydrogen Peroxide, solution 9% 30 vol use a syringe squirt right into the wound, it will foam up and all the crap will come out,

do that two or three days, the wound is nice and clean will heal nicely, cheap less than a £1 per bottle, if you scratch yourself or cut yourself try it it does the same and heals quickly, also after you clean your teeth, with your normal toothpaste, dip your tooth brush into the solution brush your teeth again they foam up gets rid of bad bacteria, teeth lovely and white, it works 100%