Hancock Collie X

I've bin reading over a few of the Hancock threads and I'm very surprised at some of the negative things wrote about their dogs, I find it weird to see how most who are slating the man and his dogs have never owned one so have know experience good or bad. Is it the fact he gets 250-300 pound a pup instead of 100 pound a pup you breed yourselfs out of 2 so called super workers?? Makes me laugh when folk say they only buy pups out of good working dogs, one mans good dog is another ones bad dog. Some people class a good dog one that catches 20 Bunny's over a season.

If your dog of choice happens to be a first cross Collie grey, then can anyone tell me were you can buy one off proper working dogs? Most collies if worked are not worked on Bunny's\fox and most greyhounds are track dogs! Also most people these day seem to like bull x dogs I never see anyone saying that a first cross bull grey isn't from working stock???? Does the bull work ???? And you sure the greyhound isn't a track dog?????? But I'm pretty sure plenty of them bull crossed make excellent working dogs.

• Like 3

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ever notice, the best times were when we were young naive and innocent and not corrupted by lines this lines that, that's why they were so good because there was no bullshit, just young lads out hun

you cant beat seeing generaitions of workers easy to train , bred of dogs that graft , not just any old greyhound or collie , as traits come through poor greyhounds poor collies nervous , nobody buys

Paid £150 for mine 3 or so years ago, cause he`s black,, innit !   At the end of the day. Sally is a breeder, and a breeder charging £300 for healthy pups of a specified mix to your demands, is har

I've had 2 dogs of Hancock both 3/4 greyhound 1/4 collie the first one was a good dog caught a lot of rabbits retrieved live to hand and a real loyal dog ,unfortunately he hit a gate and broke his back at 3 years ,so I went and got another one but she was a bit of a handful ,she stopped retrieving and just crunched the rabbits and it got to a point were I couldn't put her in the van with me mates dog as she just want to kill it she turned proper nasty as she got older and it started becoming a chore to take her lamping .i now have a 1/2 greyhound 1/2 beardie who's dam was a Hancock and he's a pleasure to work he's no speed machine but he runs clever and works hard and accounts for enough rabbits on the lamp for me

If Hancock bred 1 litter a year of collie cross greyhound pups & gave them away, no one would be crying about the fact the parents don't work.....

....but he doesn't, it's a business & it leaves a bad taste in the mouth for some, but the conclusion about these dogs is the same for every other litter of lurcher pups out there........some are good, some are not......

If you can live with the ethics & take a pup at 8 weeks, can it really differ from any other litter you take a chance with?

• Like 2

In reality some make a less than honest dollar from lurcher production and parting the less knowledgeable from their dollar,many of which make for decent enough hunting companions,the reality of life and real honesty is the fact that better Collie curs,that are free or cheaper,are available if wanted and often serve a better and more rewarding purpose.Hancock and his daughter are there to meet the requirements of the less resolute of hunters and their need to fill a kennel with a second rate cur,some of these second rate curs become first rate hunting companions,dependant on the owners hunting lifestyle,id not feed one.

• Like 3

In reality some make a less than honest dollar from lurcher production and parting the less knowledgeable from their dollar,many of which make for decent enough hunting companions,the reality of life and real honesty is the fact that better Collie curs,that are free or cheaper,are available if wanted and often serve a better and more rewarding purpose.Hancock and his daughter are there to meet the requirements of the less resolute of hunters and their need to fill a kennel with a second rate cur,some of these second rate curs become first rate hunting companions,dependant on the owners hunting lifestyle,id not feed one.

I can't help with agree with most of that morton, maybe I'm one of the less resolute.......I've had a 3/4 greyhound 1/4 collie in the past & I'd quite like one again in the future, if I couldn't find a genuine one when I wanted it, could you blame me going to Hancock?

I've never been to the place & it wouldn't come easy........but if I had little option....

• Like 1

Not to long ago a mucker put a litter to his Collie/Grew bitch,back to a Grey,the bitch was as honest as they come,the Grew was also worth its stud fee,he priced them at £150,less than Hancock,he sold one of 7 then dropped the price to £120,then £100,then culled them at 10 weeks because he could not home them,genuine pups with no name,the reality of Colie Curs and the nuggets they encourage.

i dont buy from non-working stock, the man hancock does not hunt, his stock dont hunt...his pups do go to working homes,

and some do o. k. but i would rather buy from out and out workers. collie x greyhound lurchers are old school, many are

now sick of bull x and saluki crosses saturating the market and are looking for the older type dogs.

breed your own i say,or get off men that use their dogs and mate together their best two dogs, tested over seasons of hard running...no time for commercial breeders. i have seen hancock dogs work, some were alright, not great but decent. all

were 3 quarter greyhound x and for me that is just too much greyhound.

as for hartlys...anything that is 3 part greyhound can scare a hare.

kev-medlock crew

Some so OK...

And some do excellent.

Same as any other litter in my eyes. Except you know what you are getting.

I don't know why we keep seeing the same debate over and over.

i dont buy from non-working stock, the man hancock does not hunt, his stock dont hunt...his pups do go to working homes,

and some do o. k. but i would rather buy from out and out workers. collie x greyhound lurchers are old school, many are

now sick of bull x and saluki crosses saturating the market and are looking for the older type dogs.

breed your own i say,or get off men that use their dogs and mate together their best two dogs, tested over seasons of hard running...no time for commercial breeders. i have seen hancock dogs work, some were alright, not great but decent. all

were 3 quarter greyhound x and for me that is just too much greyhound.

as for hartlys...anything that is 3 part greyhound can scare a hare.

kev-medlock crew

Some so OK...

And some do excellent.

Same as any other litter in my eyes. Except you know what you are getting.

I don't know why we keep seeing the same debate over and over.

Exactly, in an ideal world we would all get best to best, worker to worker but not everyone has that luxury.

If half the people who breed dogs told me the sky was blue I'd look up to see if they were telling the truth, at least with Hancock you know what you're getting, chances are if brought up right you'll get a handy dog.

Edited by DogFox123
  • Like 2