First Flight On The Mud Of The Season

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got back from Asia last weekend and been looking forward to having a craic at the ducks and geese....first bit of wind yesterday so loaded up and headed out onto the mud the tide was dropping but the

Gone to ground..no, i just have a life. Scarborough..no, never lived there but visited regularly..moved to Scotland now for the record, to be away from the scum who seem to favor that area down there.

first video was the wrong one ...heres a vid using the new go pro sportsmans mount

Posted Images

I'd guess shooting on the tidal, a quick retrieve is needed before the bird is lost, or that's the way I'd look at it anyway.. A bit different from a grass field in Yorkshire I'd dare say??

But just to point out, as the dog came from me I know that dog isn't miks ;-)

• Like 1

He loves to get in amongst it Socks ...he has had a few sea trout but has still to catch his first salmon he lost a grilse earlier in the season ...I think I was more gutted for him than he was

That is the problem Terry especially with visitors .....I have never seen so much geese than this year the sky is black with tem going over my house at night ....in years past there is around 700000 but im sure there is alot more this season ...they were late this year ,must of been a decent summer in greenland ...I have some videos wil try and get them on here I am going to the basin tomorrow night to get a vid off them coming off the fields and going into roost it has to be one of the most amazing wild life spectacles in the uk

• Like 1

Got to agree fella, I was fortunate in that I bagged a couple of pinks early on, but best part of trip was sitting in the church yard watching the geese flight back in, it seemed to last for ever and the noise was incredible. I may drag my mate and myself up there again one day. We go to the Tay every year so its not to far, worth the extra drive just to witness the sheer numbers. Nightmare trying to book dates that are good tide wise though.

Good do fatty, I'd be planning a trip up myself if I wasn't flying backwards and forwards to ireland and generally f***ing about.

You should invite Lamely Harrold Gedge out mate and show her what killing a bit of gear is all about, or have you done it already and he is another one who's arsehole fell out ? ;)

• Like 1