Letter For Permission

as I keep getting knocked back for permission (I must look like a Pratt) iv decided to send out a few letters can I get some honest criticism (don't take the piss), is there anything I've missed or should take out? I wanted to keep it short and sweet, let me know what you think, I've tried to sound relatively smart! I am going to leave my details and business card at the bottom as well maybe a stamped envelope in case they want to write back and not call?

To whom it may concern…

As not to intrude on your time I have decided to write a letter to ask permission to provide free pest control on your land, I use an air rifle for pest birds & squirrel and ferrets/nets/ Lurcher (stock trained) to control rabbits & rats.

I understand and respect the need to use and close gates, not to damage property and look after stock & your livelihood also to keep an eye on and deter any undesirables that may choose to encroach on your land without permission.

I work full time in sales for a lighting company so would enjoy time out on the odd afternoon and weekend through the autumn and winter months unless otherwise required to do so throughout the other seasons. I am happy to follow any rules and restrictions you may have and lend the odd day to labour should you require (I used to be a well sort after labourer before I landed the desk job!).

If you could find such a use for myself and 5 year old son to enjoy time out in the field it would be greatly appreciated.

looks good enough to me mate maybe you should just add a copy of the hunting act and tell them you abide by all the rules ect ect ..

Good idea I might do that aswell, maybe add im happy to get insurance i think its 60 odd quid from CA

Cheers Jedi I have updated it now and going to post 15 out tonight, letter below if anyone wants to use it as a template -

To whom it may concern…

As not to intrude on your time I have decided to write a letter to ask permission to provide free pest control on your land, I use an air rifle for pest birds & squirrel and ferrets/nets/ Lurcher (stock trained) to control rabbits & rats.

I understand and respect the need to use and close gates, not to damage property, look after stock & your livelihood, also to keep an eye on and deter any undesirables that may choose to encroach on your land without permission. I would also be happy to acquire insurance from an organisation such as the Countryside Alliance if this would help to achieve positive decision.

I work full time in sales for a lighting company so would enjoy time out on the odd evening and weekend through the autumn and winter months unless otherwise required to do so throughout the other seasons as well. I am happy to follow any rules and restrictions you may have and lend the odd day to labour should you require (I used to be a well sort after labourer before I landed the desk job!).

If you could find such a use for myself and 5 year old son to enjoy time out in the field it would be greatly appreciated. My details are below if you would like to arrange to meet and discuss this proposal, please feel free to call, text or write (stamped envelope enclosed).

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Kind regards

Michael B*****

Address:

Mob: *****

I would recommend finding out and using the landowners name, it shows you've made an effort. Also remove any reference to lurchers or dogs in general. Once you have the ferreting and shooting permission and proved your self you can bring the dog into it. Sometimes its worth a season ferreting dogless just to get trusted. Insurance is also a good idea.

• Like 2

Good luck...well written. Id follow the letter with a knock a few days after that. .better to communicate face to face in my opinion. .

got me thinking about a day out with the terriers last winter. .tried a few spots nothing at home. .mate decided to try a new farm(he'd spoke to the farmer previously) off he goes knocks at the door ..bedroom window opens(farmers wife) "orayt to drop a dog in" he shouts up.. thumbs up away we went. .half hour later happy farmer and an easy dig for us...happy days lol..atb sesku

• Like 1

Do you think that's it's wise to mention your boy at such a young age , no disrespect ment , but may be land owners would be concerned about sutch a young fella on the land , you could allways introduce him at a later date

Any way mate good luck in your quest

Atb dave

The reason for mentioning the lad was your more likely to be responsible if you got your own child their but I see your point it could go the other way

Good luck...well written. Id follow the letter with a knock a few days after that. .better to communicate face to face in my opinion. .

got me thinking about a day out with the terriers last winter. .tried a few spots nothing at home. .mate decided to try a new farm(he'd spoke to the farmer previously) off he goes knocks at the door ..bedroom window opens(farmers wife) "orayt to drop a dog in" he shouts up.. thumbs up away we went. .half hour later happy farmer and an easy dig for us...happy days lol..atb sesku

Think I will follow up with a knock as I've just heard how much stamps are! That bits coming out pal

Thanks for the input chaps