2014-15 Ida Coyote Coursing Season

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HERE WE GO- 1st hunt in the books. Woke up this am found Uphilldoc sleeping on my couch covered in glitter and smelling of vanilla, coconut and Patron. Then met Hay Hound and went hunting for the fir

Hay Hound has a 13 month old that stepped up today and made one of the best catches ever, If he keeps up at this pace he'll be something. Vid coming soon.

Bird he's a big ol' wolf dog, Stag X Stag with some really good ones behind him. "Sport" is his name DL-The combat vids more than likely wont be up here sorry

Saw a bunch today and got out ran once on a bad dump with a good winter coyote. We ended catching 2, one was the best run so far for me of the year on a 250 yard dump on rolling ground and tough footing.. Hay Hounds 1 year old pup "Irish" started to very well and took the throat with my set. His other Stag Red Ed jr, thats Irish's brother is al ready showing well got real serious today and did most of the heavy lifting.Hes the Yellow pup on the left in the throat pic. Hitting it tomorrow again see if we can run a few more.

10947317_10204795173418094_8405832589473

10922866_10204795173938107_8784951025467

1546466_10204795205298891_67925271431824

10563009_10204795205498896_9083268910730

• Like 3

Great Stunt keep them coming mate, them young stags are going good for you, well done :thumbs: them pups got bit about to have a go , even with mature dog there, some dog feel the teeth and not over keen next time, love to have a crack at them yotes wonder what my big daft lurcher would do :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

Had a nice litter recently, Bred my "Gush" to Hay Hounds "Havoc" stud.She's been a chest dog her whole life and has decent speed , very durable and does most of the catching for me If I didnt like something about her she was slow to start. Havoc is a strait up throat dog , he's older know but still holding them down.

gushhaoc21515_zpsrd8ooauo.jpghttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTq_T8pFl4U

Edited by STUNTMAN
  • Like 2

Cheers stunt man the reason I ask is when I start a running dog over here in oz I find if they get the pointy end at around 10-11 months they may go hard for another 3-4 months but then hit a flat spot in there progress at aroun 17 months and can be very frustrating till around 24- 26 months and then get it to gether again , I have had theis happen with the last two dogs I have started and was thinking I may of been startig to earlie I have another pup at the moment and depending on the dog I was going to hold off till at least 12 months

S

Good litter of pups there too they look to be doing well , have you breed her before ?

Stomp, Like I said I believe starting late is a fault. But with the bigger stags they may start a little later in life. I expect them to progress on till 24 months or second season and by then I have a pretty good idea what they are going to be. We here breed for throat dogs 100%, with are eye on getting that elusive single handed stag .

Stomp, Like I said I believe starting late is a fault. But with the bigger stags they may start a little later in life. I expect them to progress on till 24 months or second season and by then I have a pretty good idea what they are going to be. We here breed for throat dogs 100%, with are eye on getting that elusive single handed stag .

would 12 month young stag, be on the yotes maybe feeling few bites, as ok only foxes in the country but some young dogs that feel the teeth when young can be put off. its not so much the size of the dogs, really but there mind set, as bigger dogs take long while to mature , my dog big animal and he is full on in field ,and( as yet) will have go at what ever he sees in front of him , but in some ways still bit puppy and wimpy temp, he is just over 2 year old. s o I know what you mean at that age what there about, but he is compared to smaller type dog different I think, got a lurcher 25 in 60lb who always been different mind set to my young big dog who is 3in taller 20 odd lb heavier .!!

• Like 1