Border/lakeland...?

Took dogs out for a spin after work today and thought stay local close to houses always a few things knocking about hardly any sets on this patch of ground with a beck running through so dogs can cool off having a nice walk putting few bunnies up and one dog Fox then lost sight of pup on a small banking managed to find her in a pulled out rabbit set with older bitch she baying away had to stop old dog dropping in as well five minutes later small vixen bolts from bottom of bank with pup up it’s arse and away through cover to say I’m impressed with her is a understatement definitely be ready once autumn comes round again 

049F973E-B5F9-4663-B47B-057DE33AF432.jpeg

7ABB0028-F9C0-496D-BB66-BDA06ECBDBCB.jpeg

40451D34-31B6-41FE-BC66-CBFA6D69AA0F.jpeg

• Like 9
  • 3 weeks later...

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

some border lakeland types with varying degrees of border blood all related

He’s got a bit of border in him I think,farm bred Wales,just knock about with me and do as they please?

Took pup for a pint  nearly five month , and already needs to be  on a lead round holes... very forward bitch pain in the arse but clever 

Posted Images

Right lads due to my marriage breaking down I’ve had to make the hard decision to rehome  my young bitch as nowhere for her she is a decent young dog coming on very well just turned a year. She will not be going to any idiot that will breed life out of her I’d rather pts then that happen to her want me her to go to a working home she used to been outside all day till after dark and fully house trained u must be vouched for by people on here that I know look after there animals been on here a few years now and can tell who’s right and who isn’t by there posts like I said she won’t be going to just anyone so pm me if u think u can offer her a decent home not looking for money for her just a good home from a honest guy who will do her right I know a few lads who live near me but they don’t keep there animals to the standard I expect a dog to be kept so they aren’t having her pm me if interested 

• Sad 3
4 hours ago, Robbusher said:

Right lads due to my marriage breaking down I’ve had to make the hard decision to rehome  my young bitch as nowhere for her she is a decent young dog coming on very well just turned a year. She will not be going to any idiot that will breed life out of her I’d rather pts then that happen to her want me her to go to a working home she used to been outside all day till after dark and fully house trained u must be vouched for by people on here that I know look after there animals been on here a few years now and can tell who’s right and who isn’t by there posts like I said she won’t be going to just anyone so pm me if u think u can offer her a decent home not looking for money for her just a good home from a honest guy who will do her right I know a few lads who live near me but they don’t keep there animals to the standard I expect a dog to be kept so they aren’t having her pm me if interested 

Gutted for you pal ??

• Like 1
On 13/12/2021 at 17:51, Robbusher said:

Young dog coming on very well in my eyes not had as much fur in her mouth as I’d have liked but Flying through cover running empty pipes after her dam been through them   very eager to go ground but don’t think she quite ready yet don’t want her taking any punishment till she mature enough still quite puppish in her manners but will definitely get there hopefully get some good days after shoots r done   lad who has her sire is wanting to see if she got the goods below when the time is right as he asked if I would mind doing a repeat mating as has always liked my older bitch she quarter boarderand wants a outcross to his line 

Hope you find the right lad for her mate Iv watched your posts about that pup as Iv a right soft spot for the type and she’s in tip top condition chin up bud an all the best 

• Like 2
  • 1 year later...
On 17/01/2021 at 15:10, TonyT said:

0ECD5CA8-73BA-4664-9F13-D0E767118AF3.jpeg

id like to say an enjoyable dig to my bitch, but it wasnt.

bell iron hard and roots like my thy made for a b*****d 

hard day. I was in thinking worst at one point to be honest

it was literally an inch at a time.

we got a result in the end and a pheasant killer

humanely dispatched.

the bitch is making a promising terrier

ATB … T    

Edited by TonyT
  • Like 10
23 hours ago, TonyT said:

id like to say an enjoyable dig to my bitch, but it wasnt.

bell iron hard and roots like my thy made for a b*****d 

hard day. I was in thinking worst at one point to be honest

it was literally an inch at a time.

we got a result in the end and a pheasant killer

humanely dispatched.

the bitch is making a promising terrier

ATB … T    

Good as new 👍

IMG_2222.jpeg

• Like 12
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Used to see alot the same stamp as the above,20 odd yrs back,well worked,but theses days ,not so much👍

I think the favourable black dog took that away from anything else, worked from the word go, easy to see why like... i just like different stuff, each to their own, hes easy to keep, an keen to please.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, JMc said:

Happy Christmas all on here 

IMG_0803.jpeg

IMG_0570.jpeg

These pictures remind me of a day tagging along with an older friend to a friend of his' kennels. Well built clean kennels housing well built clean working terriers. I asked what type of dogs they were and was told Border/Lakelands. Just a term of course and open to interpretation but identical in type to the terriers in these photographs. They weren't crosses, I was to find out a few people had them and they were a definite type/strain/family. Late 1970's through 1980's and bit later. An old mate contacted me about 15 year ago after he had heard I was after a terrier and he still had them, he wasn't working them so much then though, not the way they used to. 

• Like 3
On 12/04/2022 at 07:41, Robbusher said:

Know that f***ing feeling mate and it’s shit.Hope it works out for you mate