Border/lakeland...?

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

some border lakeland types with varying degrees of border blood all related

He’s got a bit of border in him I think,farm bred Wales,just knock about with me and do as they please?

Took pup for a pint  nearly five month , and already needs to be  on a lead round holes... very forward bitch pain in the arse but clever 

Posted Images

17 hours ago, TonyT said:

I once had a red lakey shot exiting a pile 

I got the bollocking not the gun

luckily she was fine when we got the pellets out of her arse ?

ATB … T

no bollocking involved in situation I witnessed, lads just kept apart, could have all been avoided if proper communication had taken place, atb

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah young one is forth  generation that is bred down from my first terrier what I got as a 12 year old as a birthday present from my uncle I breed one litter from each bitch and wife and kids pick which one we keep don’t have a pic of first dog he was lakie/Russel mix

642A662B-2923-4FDF-AA21-82FF5253FA2C.jpeg

D0A7930D-E4F5-47F6-9375-23F803DACEB7.jpeg

• Like 4
10 hours ago, Robbusher said:

Yeah young one is forth  generation that is bred down from my first terrier what I got as a 12 year old as a birthday present from my uncle I breed one litter from each bitch and wife and kids pick which one we keep don’t have a pic of first dog he was lakie/Russel mix

642A662B-2923-4FDF-AA21-82FF5253FA2C.jpeg

D0A7930D-E4F5-47F6-9375-23F803DACEB7.jpeg

Nice type them mate?

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Netmaker said:

nice dogs mate 

Young dog coming on very well in my eyes not had as much fur in her mouth as I’d have liked but Flying through cover running empty pipes after her dam been through them   very eager to go ground but don’t think she quite ready yet don’t want her taking any punishment till she mature enough still quite puppish in her manners but will definitely get there hopefully get some good days after shoots r done   lad who has her sire is wanting to see if she got the goods below when the time is right as he asked if I would mind doing a repeat mating as has always liked my older bitch she quarter boarderand wants a outcross to his line 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Pup managed it’s first solo squirrel this evening  while on a walk put couple rabbits out and  bolted 2 ?out of a patch of thick cover with its mum the second one that tried sitting tight she was right on its arse as it broke and ran down a hedgeline ?

7DEF0C6B-4095-45EF-ADAE-C97185A0EE9D.jpeg

• Like 5
On 18/09/2014 at 13:25, dytkos said:

Back in the day :whistling: Border Lakelands was the name of the type but were still usually referred to as Lakelands or Lakies.

Predominantlt black and tan but often reds as well.

Check out any of gary Middleton's stuff.

Haven't seen the fellow since the early nineties but I would hazard a guess he's still got them. :thumbs:

Old pic of an old pic :laugh:

Cheers, D.

post-10409-0-22498400-1411043151_thumb.jpg

,Is that a Show version Border\Lakeland? Lol,A very tidy example of the type, A Quality dog you have there, This stamp of Terrier reserve's Strong Recognition imo!

2 hours ago, GAMEDOG said:

,Is that a Show version Border\Lakeland? Lol,A very tidy example of the type, A Quality dog you have there, This stamp of Terrier reserve's Strong Recognition imo!

That dogs been dead for over 35 years mate.

Cheers, D.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...