Border/lakeland...?

cheers mate would put some pics up but keeps saying file to big do you keep the breeding tight dewi I do but last litter kept 1 back but he has come up small it was son to mum breeding only 16 months but very keen showed him a few and he flies at them got a black fell bitch gifted to me last season done very well some good blood in her so am thinking of putting one of ours over here just to get some different blood in there and see what the result is

• Like 1

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

some border lakeland types with varying degrees of border blood all related

He’s got a bit of border in him I think,farm bred Wales,just knock about with me and do as they please?

Took pup for a pint  nearly five month , and already needs to be  on a lead round holes... very forward bitch pain in the arse but clever 

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Saw these dog's when we was kids, of the terrier men from the end of their hunting, and some famous one's after, some very har, nnice looking types but i think i missed the best of them in honesty, jc, df, dh, and eb. But dh dog big Todd was the one the were doing all the digging to, but the mother to this was a small Russellof jack Clarke, suesy, and the father jock, border lakie, as said

• Like 1

Fair play to Jackie, i believe he was a great digging man, and jock, the ( border. Lakie), was his last of good dog's. Very hard dog, i told one story though his brother in law at the time, suzy was a very good dog of his for digging and on one outing he was out with. Some lad's, am not saying we're from, and she was on and this bloke let his terrier in, Jackie giveit tthe chop, it was locked to his dog. Ye man looked at him and jc, still had the shovel in his hands and, thought, f**k that

Fair play to Jackie, i believe he was a great digging man, and jock, the ( border. Lakie), was his last of good dog's. Very hard dog, i told one story though his brother in law at the time, suzy was a very good dog of his for digging and on one outing he was out with. Some lad's, am not saying we're from, and she was on and this bloke let his terrier in, Jackie giveit tthe chop, it was locked to his dog. Ye man looked at him and jc, still had the shovel in his hands and, thought, f**k that

So, we seen, the border, Lakie, type and name and some of the men who had them,, never seen ab

. As good as the Patterdale, and big todd, except

Aa few that suffocated, but th

they had

hadn't had

Much, more of a fox dog, and the wernt getting that many of them, more of a goodllook er, than most,,, the border. Good dog to work still, if a good terrier man is impressed.

I went to Llangollen show in 1978 back then there where lots of russell types a few show type borders,and all other coloured terriers where classed as border lakeland red,grizzle,choc,black,black and tan and wheaton, a lot carried a lot of white on them from the russells in there make up,with in to years and write up in the working terrier year book and the working terrier by plummer the blacks became Patterdales. I was saw a old add posted somewhere on the Internet of frank bucks and he was selling his stuff as border / lakeland

• Like 5
  • 1 year later...