If you're using it for lamping rabbits, then the brightist isn't always the best. Also, if you're lamping in an area that has seen a fair bit of lamping, then it would be well worth investing in one with a coloured lens filter. I use a red one, and the rabbits hardly move. I think I read somewhere that rabbits have a problem seeing red light.

Another thing to consider, is the weight of it. Years ago, my old man had a huge bulky thing that was very awkward to heave about for hours. I use a deben tracer, one of the small ones, and I have more luck with it than my mate who has got a much bigger one. his tends to scare the rabbits away.

I've done virtually no lamping myself, and the few times I did go out were several years ago with somebody elses lamp, so I can't add any advice, but would like to add a question: with regards to the weight issue; are the re-chargeable lamps any good ie I presume they are nice and light and easier to carry but what about the other concerns eg beam quality and battery life?

Guest oldskool

i would advise a belt battery set up... them shoulder packs will kill your shoulder in no time... as for the lamp, well if you are after bunnies then i really would recommend the laserlite with the ball joint filter... its only got a 55 watt bulb and the power is around the 1,00000cp but it lasts for ages with a medium sized battery pack... i lug around a big 18amp thing and i can get 2 nights lamping out of it with one full charge... but feck it's heavy on the shoulder!!

Guest JohnGalway

Out of the Lightforce range, since it's going to be a rabbit only lamp, the 140 Lance will suit you down to the ground. A dimmer option as well as a filter can be helpful, but more expensive! If you ever intend to doa bit of foxing then I'd go for the 170 Striker with dimmer, that way it'll do both jobs.

I have both lamps by the way so am speaking from experience.

Out of the Lightforce range, since it's going to be a rabbit only lamp, the 140 Lance will suit you down to the ground. A dimmer option as well as a filter can be helpful, but more expensive! If you ever intend to doa bit of foxing then I'd go for the 170 Striker with dimmer, that way it'll do both jobs.

I have both lamps by the way so am speaking from experience.

Thank you i have noted that :):)