.22Lr Ammo

Hi Bunny boiler, they are 1640fps 32 grain, haven't tried them on foxy yet, but would have no hesitation on doing so if he was at a sensible range. I know the wee hollow points are around £6/100 and the segmented are twice that ie £6/50. Have you hit foxy with them yet?

Hi Bunny boiler, they are 1640fps 32 grain, haven't tried them on foxy yet, but would have no hesitation on doing so if he was at a sensible range. I know the wee hollow points are around £6/100 and the segmented are twice that ie £6/50. Have you hit foxy with them yet?

At one point I used CCI minimags for bunnies in my CZ452 but they were hard to get around me so I started using RWS which group even tighter so I now only use those. The CCI 1600 fps are only for foxes for me (if I was going to use supersonic on rabbits, I'd just buy a .17HMR).

I've had 4 foxes on a night out lamping bunnies now. Like I said. I simply load a 5 shot mag with them just in case and swap the mags over if I catch one in the lamp.

I have it quite lucky though because the RWS and the segmented zero the same with a drop difference of about an inch at 50-60 yards.

At one point I used CCI minimags for bunnies in my CZ452 but they were hard to get around me so I started using RWS which group even tighter so I now only use those. The CCI 1600 fps are only for foxes for me (if I was going to use supersonic on rabbits, I'd just buy a .17HMR).

I've had 4 foxes on a night out lamping bunnies now. Like I said. I simply load a 5 shot mag with them just in case and swap the mags over if I catch one in the lamp.

I have it quite lucky though because the RWS and the segmented zero the same with a drop difference of about an inch at 50-60 yards.

Some good points there mate, any rabbits I shoot are shot with the minimags but when I got the segmented rounds and gave them a try, awesome. Haven,t tried the RWS yet.

Semi autos are really fussy mate and I don't know if they will or won't but I can only assume segmented are similar to dum dum rounds, unless they are grooveless or without any ridglines in the round head I can only assume they won't be as good but all that said I could be wrong mate as every rifle may be different.

Ok, hands up on this one, I have not used the 1640ft/sec., 32g version of these, just the 40g subs.

The 40g were expensive and no use in mine, groups were all over the place and any sort of pressure on the tip and it used to simply fall apart whilst handling it (slight exaggeration).

So, I remain unimpressed with, and don't use the 40g.

1640ft/sec is not slow for a .22lr so they must have found a way to beef up the tip over the 40g version, or I suspect it would fall apart in flight!? :hmm:

Is anyone else using this 32g version and if so what results are you getting?

I don't have any problems with my usual 40gHP (if I want more I use my HMR or WMR) but a box of the 32g SHP may be worth a try, if I can find them anywhere!

The whole Idea of the segmented rounds was to try and cut down the famous .22 rimmy ricochet, I have a cz 511 semi which is head scratchingly accurate with Eley subs, and cycles them well, it is the subsonic version, so unless I changed the recoil spring to a heavier one, high velocity stuff is out, but everyone I have spoken to when the segmented came out said they were shite and would not group for toffee, however if they have improved them, and they shoot well in your rifle, then fair play.