Ferreting With Big Hob

i dont think ferrets try to drag rabbits out of burrows more like the rabbits trying to get out and the ferrets hanging on , its funny how you get people believing ferrets drag rabbits out fetching ferrets dragging ferrets be a new craze

i dont think ferrets try to drag rabbits out of burrows more like the rabbits trying to get out and the ferrets hanging on , its funny how you get people believing ferrets drag rabbits out fetching ferrets dragging ferrets be a new craze

I had a hob drag out a rabbit this last week, it did have mitsy though and don't think it was far underground to start with.

Ive heard of ferrets dragging rabbits out and I do believe you get the odd one that does it. Id have thought it would be a pain in the arse though waiting for a ferret to drag a rabbit through yards of tunnels must take ages, surely the normal hob that kills and sticks with a rabbit long enough to get a mark with the locator is better?

• Like 2

the old hob i lost was a good worker blind from birth not the fastest of workers but didnt miss much and bolted what the jills may of missed and when he did kill stuck with it till dug but he was reliable and the little lad often pulled him off or out of hole ends i know he will he missed this season but i would never dismiss what a hob can do especially worked behind a jill or two in big places

• Like 1

Two heavy on the old back, can carry two lighter Jills, that will do everything a hob does, sometimes take out my vasectomy hob, just to give him a run, but prefer Jills, especially if your out for a mooch, small lightweight carrying box and a Jill, and a pocket full of nets, travel light.

ive had one that used to do it? You could see him coming back up the tube arse first! Your not telling me that the dead rabbit was pushing him are you? Edited by air gun ant