Hares, Irish Vs Brown

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You obviously haven't ran the correct whites then . In the deep heather they are easy. It's due to the hare being handicapped by the deep heather. I dare say that a brown hare would struggle too if it

Heres one lol

Posted Images

I was wondering about this myself, I know the Irish hare is a subspecies of the mountain/blue hare. Though as has been mentioned there are talks about making it a separate species. The brown hare has been introduced to Ireland, and is interbreeding.

There are only mountain hare's in Ireland for the same reason there aren't any snakes; because the Irish sea is deeper than the English channel and cut off Ireland quicker than the UK from mainland Europe as the last ice age ended and the more southern species didn't make it there.

I was wondering more if anyone in Scotland has coursed the mountain hares there. I hear of massive bags from back in the 60's down the pup from well off grouse shooters driving them to guns.

Edited by Tozer

it appears we have developed a few experts on here. from the brown hare in Ireland topic got deleted where interbreeding had to be confirmed by a university study lol

I am a google expert :thumbs: , just looked it up. Everything I have read confirms interbreeding.

Edited by Tozer
  • Like 1

it appears we have developed a few experts on here. from the brown hare in Ireland topic got deleted where interbreeding had to be confirmed by a university study lol

I am a google expert :thumbs: , just looked it up. Everything I have rad confirms interbreeding.

you never entered my head lol

Im just mystified how there are any hares at all in Ireland,with the amount of elite coursing lads and dogs from them fair isles,the rare occurrence of an Hare ever escaping these superior mutts jaws,how the feck are there any Irish hares left,yes I know they hide some on an island to capture,run and release again,them superior mutts must have cotton wool jaws,are the lads thieving dogs from the rest of Britain also taking a van full of hares back to release as well?.

Im just mystified how there are any hares at all in Ireland,with the amount of elite coursing lads and dogs from them fair isles,the rare occurrence of an Hare ever escaping these superior mutts jaws,how the feck are there any Irish hares left,yes I know they hide some on an island to capture,run and release again,them superior mutts must have cotton wool jaws,are the lads thieving dogs from the rest of Britain also taking a van full of hares back to release as well?.

you must seen plenty round aldergrove when you were beating the bishop in your sanger lol

The sangers at Aldergrove were manned by second class infantry,we called them the RAF,the real soldiers manned them in Belfast and Derry,it never ceased to amaze me how slippery the Sanger floors were want to become,the fat twat from Donny that used to spiv on the Calor gas heater is another matter,typical lad from South of the Shire.

• Like 1

The sangers at Aldergrove were manned by second class infantry,we called them the RAF,the real soldiers manned them in Belfast and Derry,it never ceased to amaze me how slippery the Sanger floors were want to become,the fat twat from Donny that used to spiv on the Calor gas heater is another matter,typical lad from South of the Shire.

did you have any working dogs at the time. there was a few whippet lurchers in the mod houses round me

I left a Jack Russel for my younger brother to care for,the dog had an habit of biting anything,anyone or owt that crossed its path,it bushed to an high standard,it killed any fox that failed to vacate its lair,it failed to dodge the lead my brother sent its way because my mother said she was fed up of its indiscretions with the neighbours and wished it dead,she did,nt mean it literally but my cretin brother,who had an habit of shooting dogs,did.RIP Patch,little biting basket.

Edited by morton
  • Like 1