Hares, Irish Vs Brown

is there any difference in the running style of the two types? is one faster or turn better or anything? make different use of cover? does it take a different type of dog or one with a different technique to run the different types? or is a dog which can do one type usually good on the other as well?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You obviously haven't ran the correct whites then . In the deep heather they are easy. It's due to the hare being handicapped by the deep heather. I dare say that a brown hare would struggle too if it

Heres one lol

Posted Images

whites are the equivalent of a pet rabbit lol

You obviously haven't ran the correct whites then . In the deep heather they are easy. It's due to the hare being handicapped by the deep heather. I dare say that a brown hare would struggle too if it had to run through heather 12-15 inches high. On short terrain the whites put up a good run. I've taken lads out with top class hare dogs and they've not caught even half of what whites they ran.....

whites and browns and irish are all different animals and should be treat as such.

Pet rabbit! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

• Like 6